Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

qerty wrote: »

Is there a way to check where the bus stop actually is from its ID? CD, CE, CC etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

BabyBirch wrote: »
    Is there a way to check where the bus stop actually is from its ID? CD, CE, CC etc.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/City-Centre-Bus-Stops/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

qerty wrote: »
    The following services will have a change to their routing;
    25n From Westmoreland Street Towards Adamstowm
    Revised Routing
    Thomas Street, James’s Street, Inchicore, Sarsfield Road, Ballyfermot Road, Neilstown Road, Lucan Newlands Road, Castle Road, Griffeen Road, Esker Road, Newcastle Road (Adamstown)
    Pick Up Point
    Thomas Street (Francis Street), The Penny Hill Pub Lucan

The following route numbers will no longer operate;
    27n – please see 42n for alternative route
    40n – please see route 88n for alternative route
    51n – please see route 25n and 69n for alternative route
    54n - please see 15n, 49n or 77n for alternative route
    44n - please see 46n for alternative route
    48n - please see 15n or 46n for alternative route

Also times have been revised on some routes
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Nitelink-Services/Nitelink/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ptallant

does anybody if the irish are planning on actually owning the new metro in dublin so that our government can count that cash as an intake.....i heard some figures for the csh it would take in and i was impressed but are we actually going to let the country take that cash in.? we'd see that back or not against us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Was reading a local interview with varadkar, he outlined that one of the priorities in local transport terms was to get the 37 extended to blanchardstown centre.

It will be interesting to see how varadkar approaches the whole public-private debacle with the 37 and 141 (he represents part of swords and the airport)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

Why not come along and see the proposed changes for your bus service at the Dublin Bus stand at Na Fianna GAA Club, St. Mobhi Road, Wednesday March 23rd, 2:00pm - 8:00pm.

Is this a different approach to before? A six-hour exposition as opposed to a shorter two-hour session. What format were the previous consultations? In my mind's eye I had a town-hall style meeting but not sure why. Also, what level of personnel are on hand at these things? Is it a PR person repeating from a script or a planner with real information.

Anyway, get to Na Fianna before 8 tonight if you have a view you wish to deliver personally.

Update:
    The older generation have been showing up in great numbers so far. Mr. Ray Coyne from the Network Direct team is in attendance and there seems to be some surprise at the huge number of people attending to air their views. Enough to make them reevaluate their position, maybe? Regardless, the more people who physically demonstrate their opposition or support for the proposed plans, the better.
    Róisín Shortall T.D. is also there and has said she's arranging a meeting (next week?) between herself, Network Direct and the new minister for transport, Leo Varadkar, to discuss the changes. The Dublin North-West constituency that these changes affect is the only one of the 13 Dublin constituencies without a rail system of some sort, meaning the public in this area depends entirely on the bus for their needs.
    Again, if you have any views that you wish to make known to this section of Dublin Bus on these changes, get in there before 8 pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

backboiler wrote: »
    Is this a different approach to before? A six-hour exposition as opposed to a shorter two-hour session. What format were the previous consultations? In my mind's eye I had a town-hall style meeting but not sure why. Also, what level of personnel are on hand at these things? Is it a PR person repeating from a script or a planner with real information.

Anyway, get to Na Fianna before 8 tonight if you have a view you wish to deliver personally.

Update:
    The older generation have been showing up in great numbers so far. Mr. Ray Coyne from the Network Direct team is in attendance and there seems to be some surprise at the huge number of people attending to air their views. Enough to make them reevaluate their position, maybe? Regardless, the more people who physically demonstrate their opposition or support for the proposed plans, the better.
    Róisín Shortall T.D. is also there and has said she's arranging a meeting (next week?) between herself, Network Direct and the new minister for transport, Leo Varadkar, to discuss the changes. The Dublin North-West constituency that these changes affect is the only one of the 13 Dublin constituencies without a rail system of some sort, meaning the public in this area depends entirely on the bus for their needs.
    Again, if you have any views that you wish to make known to this section of Dublin Bus on these changes, get in there before 8 pm tonight.

Well done backboiler on spotting the notice regarding this Roadshow Event,which,oddly enough,was carried beneath a Thursday December 23rd 2010 heading :confused:

Roisin Shortall is one of the few representatives I have met who appears to understand the Public Transport contribution to a local community such as the Glasnevin/Drumcondra.

She has quite correctly focused on seeking a rationale from the Network Direct office as to why any form of Cutbacks are being implimented on a district reliant totally on Bus provided Public Transport.

If there are any other contributors who attended the Na Fíanna RoadShow,perhaps they might be so good as to post their experiences ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Well done backboiler on spotting the notice regarding this Roadshow Event,which,oddly enough,was carried beneath a Thursday December 23rd 2010 heading :confused:

Actually, I didn't see it on the website; the same T.D. had details on a leaflet that she had distributed to every house. I only noticed the line in the web page when writing the message above. I believe some community organisations around Griffith Avenue also raised awareness in similar ways.

Brian lenihan is saying on his website that the 37 extension to the blanchardstown centre has been approved by the NTA and will be introduced in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Good news Thomas - I think this again shows the more common sense approach to bus licensing that the NTA is taking than was ever shown by the Department.

Hopefully at the same time the 38/a and 39/a timetables will be changed.

Definately, it would make sense to resolve all issue with the Dublin 15 timetables at once.

Good to see the 37 sorted though, wonder is there any hope for swords?

If there are any other contributors who attended the Na Fíanna RoadShow,perhaps they might be so good as to post their experiences ?

My eariler update was based on another family member's attendance at the roadshow. I went myself on the way home from work later in the day.
    By that time Ray Coyne had left (at 7 pm according to the reps) and there were three reps remaining. One - name of Dónal, I think - seemed to be a garage manager. Another was a driver/controller and the third seemed to be an inspector. To their credit, it did seem like, even at this late stage in the day, the were eager to explain and debate any points raised and they seemed to display great patience with the more ... animated expressions, we'll say. I spoke to all three and the impressions I got were broadly:
    • Possible rethink on moving all 13 routes to Home Farm Road, instead having some still using Griffith Avenue to allow faster turning on to Drumcondra Rd. by virtue of the right-turn arrow at the junction.
    • Possible rethink of re-routing 83 via Western Way/O Connell St., instead retaining the Church St./Quays alignment.
    • Genuine surprise at the number of people stating that buses via Phibsborough are much slower than via Drumcondra.
    • The 11 routes are not seen as financially viable. A link to the Luas line is not seen as an important factor in this.
    • New bus lane to be introduced on Phibsborough Road to link current bus lanes from Monck Place to Connaught St. but only in the outbound direction.
    • Notwithstanding all the above the changes will go ahead as proposed and adjusted by "tweaking" as opposed to any radical rethink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

lxflyer wrote: »
    Good news Thomas - I think this again shows the more common sense approach to bus licensing that the NTA is taking than was ever shown by the Department.

Hopefully at the same time the 38/a and 39/a timetables will be changed.

Im hoping that the 38/a bus starts running again at all, all week the commuter buses have not been with 20 minutes of the timetable imcluding yesterday morning when people where at the snugborough road stop from 7:50 to 8:45 without a bus arriving, mrs rang the depot and they claimed that they were running 15 minutes behind, when she inquired why hadnt the 7:56 arrived at 8:11 then.. she was met with silence and a "bus is it on its way". We gave up and walked to the train in castleknock instead and will be using the train from now on. Have applied for a refund for my yearly ticket and am waiting to hear back.

Hopefully they will update the timetables to say "buses may or may not be running at all this morning...we are operating a pot luck service".

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wirish

I called in about 6ish on my way home from work, there were loads of people there and even more coming in when I was leaving about a half hour later.

I was talking to Donal, I think he was in charge of 3 Dublin Bus garages. He said that they have never had such a big turn out to one of these meetings before so I'm hoping that can't be ignored. He did stress that these changes are only proposals and they would be going away and taking everything on board that was said at the meeting and emailed into them. Whether that actually happens remains to be seen but there were certainly a lot of angry people there making their point known!

My eariler update was based on another family member's attendance at the roadshow. I went myself on the way home from work later in the day.
    By that time Ray Coyne had left (at 7 pm according to the reps) and there were three reps remaining. One - name of Dónal, I think - seemed to be a garage manager. Another was a driver/controller and the third seemed to be an inspector. To their credit, it did seem like, even at this late stage in the day, the were eager to explain and debate any points raised and they seemed to display great patience with the more ... animated expressions, we'll say. I spoke to all three and the impressions I got were broadly:
      [*]Possible rethink on moving all 13 routes to Home Farm Road, instead having some still using Griffith Avenue to allow faster turning on to Drumcondra Rd. by virtue of the right-turn arrow at the junction.
      [*]Possible rethink of re-routing 83 via Western Way/O Connell St., instead retaining the Church St./Quays alignment.
      [*]Genuine surprise at the number of people stating that buses via Phibsborough are much slower than via Drumcondra.
      [*]The 11 routes are not seen as financially viable. A link to the Luas line is not seen as an important factor in this.
      [*]New bus lane to be introduced on Phibsborough Road to link current bus lanes from Monck Place to Connaught St. but only in the outbound direction.
      [*]Notwithstanding all the above the changes will go ahead as proposed and adjusted by "tweaking" as opposed to any radical rethink.

I`m assuming the executive would be Donal Keating,who si indeed the manager of Harristown Depot.

I`m somewhat surprised backboiler,at the wobbliness surrounding the 13 alignment,as yet again it proposes an retrograde action specifically specifically identified by Deloitte in their "Efficiency Review".

This problem of facilitating the Right-Turn from Home Farm Road to Drumcondra road is far eaiser to solve by a short extension of morning peak Inbound Bus-Lane between Arran Road and Drumcondra which would allow Buses to take full advantage of the already extant ban on Left-Turns onto Drumcondra Road (However,it will also discommode some private car owners who avail of parking along this stretch)

I would be absolutely agin this type of dilution of the "New" 13 in this manner.

The issue of "genuine surprise" at the Phibsboro vs Drumcondra routing should be ringing all sorts of alarm bells as it indicates a serious dislocation from reality which most Drivers on the relevant routes could have rectified in a 10 minute session.

The mentioning of the financial viability of the 11 Route is of interest,as is the dragging in of Luas into whatever justification is being proposed for the 11`s cancellation.

I remain quite convinced that any "Financial Viability" now possessed by tyhe 11 is coming entirely from it`s NorthSide operations,specifically between Wadelai Park and Clonskeagh.

I would further suggest that in the past few months,the financial performance of the 11 has improved along this specific sector.
      I am aware now,on a daily basis of an increasing number of customers presenting with requests to travel from DCU to UCD and from Clonskeagh to Ballymun.

The notion of Luas having any bearing upon the current 11 route is a herring of the purest red.

The fact remains that Luas only comes into the equation on the proposed NEW 11 routing from Sandyford to Docklands.

Quite why Dublin Bus would be attempting to portray the objections to the 11 changes as having a Luas relevance is beyond me ?

However,and all too predictably,the final sentence says it all.
      Notwithstanding all the above the changes will go ahead as proposed and adjusted by "tweaking" as opposed to any radical rethink

This attitude encapsulates all that is specious and irrelevant about the entire "Public Consultation Process".

Either the Public would be consulted early and listened to in their opinions or not ?

This "tweaking" as we go along is most assuredly not a confidence inspiring statement to hear,especially when one considers that the Phase One elements of Network Direct are still being "tweaked" some 6 months later with only limited success.

The secret to achieving "Financially Viable" Bus Services in this Bus Specific area is to IMPROVE and EXTEND services to accomodate the demand which most certainly will incresase as the depression deepens.....Cutting back in such a wild and uncordinated manner as is proposed will do nothing to improve things !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Genuine surprise at the number of people stating that buses via Phibsborough are much slower than via Drumcondra.

This happened years ago when DB expressed surprise that people would prefer to take the 4 through Phibsboro than the 27b through Kilmore, Beaumont Hospital and Malahide road. Either DB execs have no idea about travel time (which is inexcusable now that the buses are fitted with GPS) or peoples understanding of travel time is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Quick question re: the 121/150 changes. I've been speaking to a couple of the drivers on the 121 route and they are claiming that the 150 changes are not to supplement the coombe - meath st. - thomas st. portion of the 121 at all. Instead the 150 is to turn right at SCR and replicate the (soon to be)old 19 service to the city centre?

Can anyone, reasonably in the know, shed any light on this or is this scaremongering?

The mentioning of the financial viability of the 11 Route is of interest,as is the dragging in of Luas into whatever justification is being proposed for the 11`s cancellation.
      The notion of Luas having any bearing upon the current 11 route is a herring of the purest red.
      Quite why Dublin Bus would be attempting to portray the objections to the 11 changes as having a Luas relevance is beyond me ?

Alek,
      Let me clarify. I brought up the point that there is now no decent (i.e. via Drumcondra) link from this area to the Luas any more (going to the College Green end of Grafton St. - which can take an eternity to navigate on foot when the moronic shoppers are in full flight - does not count). The response was along the lines of "it's hardly our job to provide a service to the Luas".
      So, I brought up the subject of the Luas, not the DB reps. This is because this is what I use it for daily to get to Sandyford from Wadelai. As I mentioned before, the Ranelagh to Goat section is just too slow and unpredictable for daily use and, given that drivers often just don't bother to do the Sandyford loop, it's entirely useless in the evenings. Sometimes I got a lift as far as Beech Hill and got on there but the crawling rate the bus makes until it gets to Leeson St. just isn't worth the hassle. Compare that with the relative zippiness of the across-the-river section and you have to wonder if the planners are really on the same planet.

markpb wrote: »
      This happened years ago when DB expressed surprise that people would prefer to take the 4 through Phibsboro than the 27b through Kilmore, Beaumont Hospital and Malahide road. Either DB execs have no idea about travel time (which is inexcusable now that the buses are fitted with GPS) or peoples understanding of travel time is wrong.

Yeah but now Phibsborough is the slow one even though it's shorter and more direct. Why? Because there is no bus lane on many parts of the route!, nor can there ever be unless buildings are demolished or cars are banned.

• Advertisement

Alek,
      Let me clarify. I brought up the point that there is now no decent (i.e. via Drumcondra) link from this area to the Luas any more (going to the College Green end of Grafton St. - which can take an eternity to navigate on foot when the moronic shoppers are in full flight - does not count). The response was along the lines of "it's hardly our job to provide a service to the Luas".
      So, I brought up the subject of the Luas, not the DB reps. This is because this is what I use it for daily to get to Sandyford from Wadelai. As I mentioned before, the Ranelagh to Goat section is just too slow and unpredictable for daily use and, given that drivers often just don't bother to do the Sandyford loop, it's entirely useless in the evenings. Sometimes I got a lift as far as Beech Hill and got on there but the crawling rate the bus makes until it gets to Leeson St. just isn't worth the hassle. Compare that with the relative zippiness of the across-the-river section and you have to wonder if the planners are really on the same planet.

Will the new 13 not still take you from the outside of Wadelai via Drumcondra to the College Green end of Grafton Street?

Similarly the new 19 would take you right up to within 2 minutes walk of Harcourt LUAS stop, albeit via Phibsboro.

Will the new 13 not still take you from the outside of Wadelai via Drumcondra to the College Green end of Grafton Street?

Similarly the new 19 would take you right up to within 2 minutes walk of Harcourt LUAS stop, albeit via Phibsboro.

Aha!
      (going to the College Green end of Grafton St. - which can take an eternity to navigate on foot when the moronic shoppers are in full flight - does not count)
      ;)

As it happens, I live a few metres from current 83 and 19 stops and still always get the 11 in preference to these or any other Ballymun Rd. service because of the extra time needed to either go through Phibsborough or on foot through Grafton St.
      The exception is that brief window between about 09:45 and 10:30 when things seem to calm down enough that the buses get a quick run through Phibsborough so I get it to Cassidy's of Camden St., as you point out. Of course there's no way of knowing when the 19 or 83 will turn up so even with this speed-up (even at 15-minute frequency the wait time is often more than half an hour), I'll still usually walk around to the 11 terminus because it almost always leaves on-time to the second.
      I've been doing this exact same journey now for more than five years, more or less every weekday and believe me when I say I've tried out all the alternatives, bus-hopping and Dublin Bikes inclusive. I'm very open-minded about this whole reorganisation but in this case, nothing short of a tunnel can beat the 11. This is what's so frustrating about the killing of this route; it's so much better than anything else available. A frequent, reliable cross-city service, running along arterial routes.

I can see where lxflyer is coming from in his/her attempts to assist backboiler to make full use of the Network Direct "Improvements"

However as backboiler appears to be quite au-fait with both the 11 route and it`s suitability to his own commute I suggest that it`s slightly disingenuous to suggest that this 11 customer is being anything but shafted by a small clique of Dublin Bus management.

As I understand was pointed out to these people during the Na Fianna Roadshow,the current 11 routing which quite effectively links Dublin NorthEast with Dublin SouthEast with NO viable alternative proposed after this codology is implimented.

The Northern alignment of the 11 Route is being removed and no public transport alternative is being provided.

It really must be well noted that in the initial stages of planning and negotiation for Phase 1 of Network Direct,Dublin Bus management produced a very large amount of highly detailed statistical data.

Reams of figures were presented to Staff Representatives which purported to "prove" the effectiveness of the then proposed changes which were implemented on the 17th September 2010.

What happened next was as close to a total collapse of a previously functional system as has ever been encountered in Irish Public Transport.

The Phase 1 Network Direct improvements turned out to be unfit for purpose on a truly massive scale,something which even now,6 months later,the company is struggling to address through the medium of "Tweaking".

However,it now appears that Phase 2 of Network Direct is to be foisted upon the customer base on foot of the same "statistical" base and the exact same analytical process of these.

For the company to suggest that the 100 year old unique 11 routing is incapable of financial viability is absolute nonsense of the highest calibre.

There is a ready supply of regular 7 day commuting business, both work and recreational based between UCD/Bird Avenue Clonskeagh and DCU/Ballymun Road.

This already existing business is capable of being increased IF management were to apply the same level of enthusiasm to IMPROVING the route as they are into emasculating it.

I would further suggest that this long standing Clonskeagh-Ballymun alignment is somewhat more "Financially Viable" than,for example the Phase 1 improvements to the 47,63 or 84 routes have been.

The unseemly rush on the part of the Network Direct Team to remove 5 buses from the 11 route in order to divert at least some of them to wander largely empty around Carrickmines or Sandyford defies any logical powers I can muster,but perhaps there are some hidden magic "Financially Viable" beans scattered around the area. :mad:

As it happens, I live a few metres from current 83 and 19 stops and still always get the 11 in preference to these or any other Ballymun Rd. service because of the extra time needed to either go through Phibsborough or on foot through Grafton St.
      The exception is that brief window between about 09:45 and 10:30 when things seem to calm down enough that the buses get a quick run through Phibsborough so I get it to Cassidy's of Camden St., as you point out. Of course there's no way of knowing when the 19 or 83 will turn up so even with this speed-up (even at 15-minute frequency the wait time is often more than half an hour), I'll still usually walk around to the 11 terminus because it almost always leaves on-time to the second.
      I've been doing this exact same journey now for more than five years, more or less every weekday and believe me when I say I've tried out all the alternatives, bus-hopping and Dublin Bikes inclusive. I'm very open-minded about this whole reorganisation but in this case, nothing short of a tunnel can beat the 11. This is what's so frustrating about the killing of this route; it's so much better than anything else available. A frequent, reliable cross-city service, running along arterial routes.

I appreciate that some posters such as lxflyer may see Network Direct in a somewhat different light to the rest of us.

I acknowldege lxflyers desire to point to the purported improvements or usable alternatives offered under the ND reorganization.
      Lxflyer : Will the new 13 not still take you from the outside of Wadelai via Drumcondra to the College Green end of Grafton Street?

However as somebody who is reliant upon people such as backboiler for my continued security of employment I would suggest that comments such as I have highlighted really should be given some recognition by Dublin Bus management.

A long-term daily Bus user with a generally positive opinion of the service provided,and also one who has tried alternatives but found the 11 route best suited to their needs.

This person represents the proof that Dublin Bus CAN get it right,and DOES get it right,yet a small section of Senior Management now conspire to ignore such positive opinion and implement largely counter-productive changes.

I would suggest that it will prove nigh on impossible to find such positive comments on any of the Phase 1 ND "Improved" routes on any of the 2,500 posts on this thread.

THAT fact alone should be screaming at the Network Direct Team as the reasons behind it provide them with all the answers they require.

I KNOW that the 11 route has many backboilers travelling on it every day and night,but it appears that these customers do not suit the statistical requirements of the ND "Team" and are therefore disregarded lest the "Team" be proven incorrect in their analysis.

Alek, I misread backboiler's post as I read it as wanting to go to College Green, as I think he twigged, but alas you did not!

Alek, I misread backboiler's post as I read it as wanting to go to College Green, as I think he twigged, but alas you did not!

I was/am focusing on the 11 route`s significant single journey patronage between Wadelai Park and Clonskeagh of which backboilers regular journey is but one.

This is particularly,though not exclusively, evident during school term with Loreto,CUS and the College of Ed all contributing to strong patronage.

Added to this is an equally strong work related loading to the greater Leeson St/Earlsfort Tce/Adelaide Road area.

Also in the recent past a resurgence of commercial activity in the Beaver Row/Belfield Office Park Office complex has seen some return of custom which had dropped following the Hewlet Packard downsizing.

It is also of note that considerable numbers of work related customers board along the Drumcondra/Clonskeagh axis including quite a few using Drumcondra Station Rail services.

The key issue here,for me,is the presence of a strong pre-existing and largely loyal customer base whose custom is being disregarded on the flimsiest of grounds.

Why are the Network Direct Team not focusing upon the current 11 Route`s undoubted potential for improvement rather than continuing with some elaborate pretence that Sandyford-Docklands represents some hidden paragon of untapped Public Transport custom ?

There are already some undercurrents surfacing concerning the end-game for the "New" 11 involving some meisterwerk plan to operate along a new stretch of contra-flow along Lombard St,crossing the Liffey on the new bridge to the new North Quays terminus.

All wonderful,but far better suited to a new route or a development of something such as the 47 rather than emasculating the 11 to satisfy this need.

The Network direct Team have been at great pains to identify the 11 route`s lack of "Financial Viability" as the sole reason for it`s emasculation.

I await (with bated breath) their projections rergarding the "Financial Viability" of the proposed new routing or indeed the "Financial Viability" figures for the already Network Directed 47,63 and 84 routes,which might offer us some clearer insight into the success or otherwise of the entire ND project.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vbold

I Missed the meeting during the week. would really like to have attended.

I'm another in favor of keeping the 11. Although I'm biased by living in Wadelai I've always found it to be the best bus service in the area. It's always on time, is the fastest route into town and reaches the south side much easier than any other route in the area.

I haven't read the whole thread so could someone point out where I could find a summary of the proposed changes for the routes in the area and how I could contact DB to support the retention of the 11.

it's probably my misunderstanding but would the proposed changes mean that there is no longer a bus from Glasnevin North which passes through Drumcondra meaning that to get to either upper Drumcondra, the Airport or the Drumcondra train station that you would now need to go into town first and via Phibsboro which takes infinitely longer?

vbold wrote: »
      I Missed the meeting during the week. would really like to have attended.

I'm another in favor of keeping the 11. Although I'm biased by living in Wadelai I've always found it to be the best bus service in the area. It's always on time, is the fastest route into town and reaches the south side much easier than any other route in the area.

I haven't read the whole thread so could someone point out where I could find a summary of the proposed changes for the routes in the area and how I could contact DB to support the retention of the 11.

it's probably my misunderstanding but would the proposed changes mean that there is no longer a bus from Glasnevin North which passes through Drumcondra meaning that to get to either upper Drumcondra, the Airport or the Drumcondra train station that you would now need to go into town first and via Phibsboro which takes infinitely longer?

There will still be a direct route. Under the initial plan, the 13 and 13a will be combined and the new route 13 will operate via Home Farm Road and Drumcondra.

Full details are here.

• Advertisement

There will still be a direct route. Under the initial plan, the 13 and 13a will be combined and the new route 13 will operate via Home Farm Road and Drumcondra.

Full details are here.

I may be misinterpreting vbold`s question here...?
      vbold : It's probably my misunderstanding but would the proposed changes mean that there is no longer a bus from Glasnevin North which passes through Drumcondra meaning that to get to either upper Drumcondra, the Airport or the Drumcondra train station that you would now need to go into town first and via Phibsboro which takes infinitely longer?

If by Glasnevin North,vbold means The Wadelai/Glasnevin Ave/Hillcrest/Pappins Road area`s ( Where he lives) then the answer is a very definite no there will not be a direct route as currently provided by the 11.

lxflyers new 13 route alternative is effective only from Ballymun Road,which although perfectly feasible for most customers,does not represent anything "Direct" in the context i`m assuming vbold intends ?

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement