Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

A2000 wrote: »
    No mention of 201 or 202 or 76/a/b and Tallaght is not to be advised that the 76's will no longer serve Ballyfermot.

201 or 202???

They've been gone for ages!

You're right about the 76/a/b though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

No mention of 201 or 202 or 76/a/b and Tallaght is not to be advised that the 76's will no longer serve Ballyfermot.

Haven't the 201 and 202 been gone a couple of years now?

Edit: Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

lxflyer wrote: »
    201 or 202???

They've been gone for ages!

You're right about the 76/a/b though.

Isn't 76/a/b going in as part of the clondalkin changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭A2000

so they have. havent been around for a while so missed that. the clondalkin changes did not involve 76's either. Notice the maps also differ. Ballyfermot map shows 26 serving leeson st and st stephens green but lucan map shows merrion sq. Ballyer map shows new 79 not serving northside but coolock map shows that it does. seems theres not enough info on routes buses will take to spur people into going to roadshows. People may be misreading them or are being misled. Most roadshows ended at 6 when people who use the buses could not attend yet the drumcondra one went on till 8 and seems to have had a good turnout. This tallaght info says 27 will start at the square but map shows jobstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

the clondalkin changes did not involve 76's either.
    Notice the maps also differ. Ballyfermot map shows 26 serving leeson st and st stephens green but lucan map shows merrion sq. Ballyer map shows new 79 not serving northside but coolock map shows that it does. seems theres not enough info on routes buses will take to spur people into going to roadshows. People may be misreading them or are being misled. Most roadshows ended at 6 when people who use the buses could not attend yet the drumcondra one went on till 8 and seems to have had a good turnout. This tallaght info says 27 will start at the square but map shows jobstown.

I'd have to agree with you to a certain extent. The 27 is shown as terminating in jobstown on the map but is advertised as terminating at the square shopping centre. In the Malahide road details it is shown as terminating in city west.

But the 76 was included both the Ballyfermot and Clondalkin changes.
    The links are here, and on both cases the route is shown on the map and details are included in the text.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Ballyfermot-/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/BallymunClondalkin/

Also, I think there are two reasons the maps are showing different areas being served. In regards to the 26 being shown to terminate in Stephen's green, its because the map/details have not yet being update to reflect any "tweaks" Dublin bus have made. The Ballyfermot map was released prior to Lucan area implementation and at the time it was correct. Im sure it will be changed to accurately show the route when the Ballyfermot changes are implemented.

Secondly, The maps show the general geographic areas being served, not actual areas/ stops. And the areas shown are the ones relevant to the local area. The map for the malahide road shows the 79 serving northside shopping centre and skelly's lane but not decies road or kylemore road.

The opposite is true of the ballyfermot map. Its not meant to be misleading, its meant to be representative and meaningful to the people that willbe looking at the map. Skelly's lane is meaningless to people from ballyfermot as is Decies road to customers from the Malahide road areas.

• Advertisement

That would depend if the people on the northside or southside plan to use the bus to cross the city as expected wouldnt it? It should be about giving as much information to as many people as possible. Either way the 26 is not going to servre st stephens green or leeson st so i cant see why its is not changed even though the ballyfermot changes have not yet happened. the change on the map is meaningless anyway. I would also argue that its reasonable for the people of tallaght to assume the ballyfermot/clondalkin changes would not affect them and if it did then it would be included in the tallaght changes. There are a large number of people from tallaght going to school and working in ballyfermot as there are many from ballyfermot now living in tallaght. its unreasonable for these sevices to fall off the radar because they were mentioned elswhere. The biggest opposition to the ballyfermot changes was the 76 as many kids from ballyfermot will have to go on and wait for 2 buses now and pay twice in both directions adding up to one hour travel time each way. The people of tallaght are not being given the same opportunity to object. BTW tallaght changes show 27 &b 77A as serving thomas st. would this be a mistake or are they to replace his stretch of the 121?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

This tallaght info says 27 will start at the square but map shows jobstown.

This needs to be corrected. The Tallaght info says it terminates at The Square, the Tallaght Map says Jobstown, and the Malahide map says Citywest.

Looking at the Tallaght map, Route 27 starts on the northside as Route 27, but turns into the 77 when it reaches Tallaght. :)

Also, the info seems to strongly suggest the 123 will actually operate on Bulfin Road. This will add some time to the journey if it has to do the old 19 loop. Does anybody have the exact routing?

thats the point im trying to make. there is not enough info on the exact routes. If the elderly in Bulfin estate assume the 123 will replace 19 through the estate they would be happy with this and would have no need to go to the roadshow. This in IMPLIED but not explained as 123 currently passes end of Bulfin road. More information is needed regardless of where people live

That would depend if the people on the northside or southside plan to use the bus to cross the city as expected wouldnt it? It should be about giving as much information to as many people as possible. Either way the 26 is not going to servre st stephens green or leeson st so i cant see why its is not changed even though the ballyfermot changes have not yet happened. the change on the map is meaningless anyway. I would also argue that its reasonable for the people of tallaght to assume the ballyfermot/clondalkin changes would not affect them and if it did then it would be included in the tallaght changes. There are a large number of people from tallaght going to school and working in ballyfermot as there are many from ballyfermot now living in tallaght. its unreasonable for these sevices to fall off the radar because they were mentioned elswhere. The biggest opposition to the ballyfermot changes was the 76 as many kids from ballyfermot will have to go on and wait for 2 buses now and pay twice in both directions adding up to one hour travel time each way. The people of tallaght are not being given the same opportunity to object. BTW tallaght changes show 27 &b 77A as serving thomas st. would this be a mistake or are they to replace his stretch of the 121?

The 26 already changed last year so it's a bit irrelevant to be discussing it now surely in the context of ongoing changes?

I suspect that is a typo re the 27 and 77a (as serving Thomas Street).

I would again disagree as if i live in Ballyfermot im being misled into thinking that the 26 will serve Leeson st. I would not be too intersted in the Lucan changes as they would not affect me nor would I look at the Lucan map as I wouldnt use Lucan routes. These are easy changes to rectify to give accurate information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

The 140 not serving the Square? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The bus services going down Pearse street look like they'll be significantly curtailed. And Ringsend looks even worse. The 18 looks interesting but it will initially have very low loadings in the area I'd imagine. It's a completely new route in Ringsend. It would be fine waiting for a bus that goes every 30 minutes off-peak but for the fact that they seem to have forgotten about RTPI in that part of the world...

Does anyone know if route 1 was never really used and thats why its cancelled? Long walk into pidgeon house or maybe 2/3 will have a service going in. Also looks to me like 122 will use Keeper road turn left to Herberton road over canal to roundabout at bird flanagan pub and then via rialto to dolphins barn to replace 19? Otherwise it would just be normal route to scr and no need to mention it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Service Frequencies (Estimates)
    Route Peak Off Peak
    56 60 60

:D

At least if it's true, it's a more regular service. Pity nobody wants to go to Crumlin Hospital anymore than they do Dolphin's Barn. People want to go to the city centre. I presume none leaving the city either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

Now come on. The 77A will remain but have that hanging alpha suffix? They couldn't extend the new 27A south to run over its proposed route?

The 150, running via Clanbrassil Street, now becomes very similar to the old route 81. And people in the O'Donovan Road area get thrown back into the public transport void, never mind the Coombe (for perhaps the first time in history; gotta trot off to Cork Street Extension) and Francis Street/Meath Street.

I love how on the map, the new 27 is still numbered as 77 on the southern end. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

That Tallaght information page and Tallaght spider map looks like it was slapped together by a five year old who has just sank fourteen pints of stout:rolleyes:.

Dublin Bus should be ashamed of themselves for treating a huge amount of their patronage with absolute contempt by producing hugely misleading and extremely confusing information!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

They normally release several maps within the first week. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭qerty

The Ballyfermot map has been removed and replaced with the Finglas one.
    Confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

qerty wrote: »
    Confused
    That's odd. Are they that dedicated to the new route 40 that they're mistakenly sticking the Finglas map on the Ballyfermot page?

Hmm. Is there enough of a market for a 39 extension from Ongar to Dunboyne yet...?

PS (edit): On the 66 timetable, it shows buses operating through Glen Easton now, but also stopping at Louisa Bridge (i.e. in Leixlip). This means no more buses on the Green Lane between the Accommodation Road and Station Road/Maynooth Road, and the 66 now operates bi-directionally on the Accommodation Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭oneweb

Not sure if it's already been posted (there's a lot to read!) but DB are taking part in a survey along with 12 other cities worldwide.

"Dublin Bus is in a group of 13 world cities who are carrying out a survey of how passengers rate their bus service. The cities in the group are Barcelona, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Montreal, Paris, Singapore, Sydney and Vancouver. "

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Customer-Satisfaction-Survey/

Someone high up (or just high) in DB obviously thinks they're doing a good job.

Here's one way to let them know what you think...

[edit]Ok, it won't let you comment and it doesn't go into much detail (some questions are merged making answers almost useless).

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

oneweb wrote: »
    Not sure if it's already been posted (there's a lot to read!) but DB are taking part in a survey along with 12 other cities worldwide.

"Dublin Bus is in a group of 13 world cities who are carrying out a survey of how passengers rate their bus service. The cities in the group are Barcelona, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Montreal, Paris, Singapore, Sydney and Vancouver. "

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Customer-Satisfaction-Survey/

Someone high up (or just high) in DB obviously thinks they're doing a good job.

Here's one way to let them know what you think...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056216583

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

qerty wrote: »
    Confused

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Ballyfermot-/

The Ballyfermot map is once again linked from that page.

The Tallaght map has been updated to have route 27 at both ends now.

The text has also been updated to include the following:
    Consultation for Routes 121, 122 and 150 will end on Friday April 8th. For remaining routes consultation will end on Friday April 29th.
    Routing for proposed services as follows

Route 27
    Jobstown » Tallaght (The Square) » Greenhills Road » Dolphin’s Barn » Thomas Street » Cork Street » Dame Street » Eden Quay » Fairview » Donnycarney » Coolock » Edenmore
    Proposed Routes 76*, 76a*, 76b* will be realigned away from Ballyfermot. Customers wishing to travel between Ballyfermot, Clondalkin and Tallaght will be able to travel on a revised high frequency Route 40 to Liffey Valley and then interchange on to Route 76*, which will also provide a connection to the Blanchardstown Centre. Routing is as follows: Tallaght (The Square), Belgard Road, Newlands Cross, Fonthill Road South, Convent Road, Clondalkin Village, Ninth Lock Road, Fonthill Road, Neilstown Road, Liffey Valley, N4, M50, Blanchardstown Village, Blanchardstown Centre.

• Route 166* will operate from Liffey Valley via St. Loman’s Road, Willsbrook Road, Castle Road, Ballyowen Road and Citywest to Tallaght (The Square). Routing is as follows: Tallaght (The Square), Fortunestown Way, Citywest Road, Kingswood Avenue, Old Naas Road (Brownsbarn), Outer Ring Road, Grange Castle Business Park, Castle Road, Willsbrook Road, St. Loman’s Road, Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.

• Route 210 will no longer operate as a result of the above changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Its says the 140 and the 65 going down the N81, Will they be bypassing the square, the IT and the Village?

My reading of it is that (looking at the text on the information page) the 140 will use the by-pass throughout, while the 65 will use the current routing via the Village and the Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

lxflyer wrote: »
    My reading of it is that (looking at the text on the information page) the 140 will use the by-pass throughout, while the 65 will use the current routing via the Village and the Square.

The map is quite misleading in that the 27 passes a stage on the map called 'Tallaght - Main Street' but the 65's grey line doesn't divert over to this point.

H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

I would be surprised if the 140 does just use the N81. That would mean it skipping The Square, Tallaght Hospital, Tallaght IT and Tallaght Village - all quite busy stops.

Also, the N81 would need bus stops and bus bays installed from Balrothery to Springfield as it's currently not used by any service.

KD345 wrote: »
    I would be surprised if the 140 does just use the N81. That would mean it skipping The Square, Tallaght Hospital, Tallaght IT and Tallaght Village - all quite busy stops.

Also, the N81 would need bus stops and bus bays installed from Balrothery to Springfield as it's currently not used by any service.

From everything on the map and in the text I think that is exactly the plan - to give a direct route to/from West Tallaght via the N81 bypass.

You would not need many bays as there is no access to/from estates to the by-pass - only at the junctions.

On Ballyfermot info 18 frequency is 15 & 30. On Tallaght its 20 & 30. Also the new info on Tallaght page re 76 is a cut and paste as people in Tallaght will have to travel to liffey valley on 76 and change to 40 to Ballyfermot and not the reverse as stated. According to the Irish times there was a protest ouside DB head office on Friday mainly made up of people from Clondalkin & Ballyfermot opposing the changes particularly to the 76 as it has been a vital link to Tallaght for 30 years now and even more so since the hospital & IT opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

On Ballyfermot info 18 frequency is 15 & 30. On Tallaght its 20 & 30. Also the new info on Tallaght page re 76 is a cut and paste as people in Tallaght will have to travel to liffey valley on 76 and change to 40 to Ballyfermot and not the reverse as stated. According to the Irish times there was a protest ouside DB head office on Friday mainly made up of people from Clondalkin & Ballyfermot opposing the changes particularly to the 76 as it has been a vital link to Tallaght for 30 years now and even more so since the hospital & IT opened.

so people from blanch dont need to get to tallaght no ?

ridicules !

this is my second or third time say this now but this is just people being stubborn !

just like a few months ago when the wanted to take about 6 or 8 buses of the 78A route itself cos they were very unnecessary and there were posters all over the place about it... even in clondalkin village where the 78A doesn't go !

a message to the people protesting - GROW UP ! your not the f*cking centre of everything.. other people need to be places too !

same the other way around aswell.... since there is gonna be a proper route to blanch from tallaght and clondalkin it opens up for blanch hospital and shopping centre and jobs !!!

wanna get to ballyfermot from liffey valley then walk ! just a hop over the bridge and a 10min walk... yes i have done it myself a few times !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement