Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snooker Technique / Advice

• 22-04-2010 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Looking for some advice on technique.
    Mainly to do with with eye to ball and which ball to look at when striking.
    I've been trying a couple of different approaches for the past few weeks but can't find anything that's comfortable.
    Is this correct or should i change.

Approaching the shot.
    Mainly focusing on the object ball and aligning up

practice strokes
    Switching vision between object and cue ball.

Striking the Cue Ball
    ( I suppose this is the main one !)
    Eye on the object ball. I find doing this very weird.
    Is this what your supposed to do?

syngin

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Your best bet is to contact your nearest/ local club and arrange a coaching session with a qualified coach, he will get you started with set up etc and you can develop your game from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kildare snooker

one key part u didnt mention is while ur switching vision between object ball and cue ball u also need to focus on the pocket or were u want the object ball to go and also focus on were u think the cue ball will go after stricking the object ball these are key things to do and u should try get into the habbit of doing it early,it may take u longer to take a shot at first but with time u will develop a routine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

thats quite a lot to think about :)
    One step at a time i guess but i'll keep it in mind.
    Not going to bother getting lessons. I know what i need to work on and can take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

Advertisement