Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test routes

• 22-04-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this has been done before... I did a search, but the threads were quite old and related to SGS who I think aren't doing the tests anymore....

Can anyone tell me what the routes are around the town at the moment with the RSA?

Cheers!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hi there did my test last Oct and had been told by driving instructor that there were 16 possible routes but everyone i spoke to who did it within last yr or so seemed to get pretty much the same. I'll do my best to explain not great with road names.

Left test centre and turned left down the windy road to traffic lights so Waterford Crystal in front of me. Turned left at lights, out past college and then turned right at next lights. Drove past the bank of Ireland and went right at the little roundabout into Lismore Park, i think is the estate. Anyway you drive up there and there is a kind of fork in road. Took the right and you end up at a pretty blind turn to right, to test your "peep and creep" abilties i assume! After that i think took next right, could it be Tycor Avenue??. anyway did the reverse round corner and 3point turn here. Drove back up way had came and out by the Amber garage Lisduggan. Turned left up as far as roundabout near Walsh Park, took 3rd exit so down to right. Took a right down there and then right again. pulled in along ther to do hillstart, to be honest, not much of a hill. Drove up outta there, ended up almost directly opposite Bank of Ireland again. Left and left again back onto Cork Road and back down to test centre!!!

Hope i have not confused the bejaysus outta you! Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

73Cat wrote: »
    Hi there did my test last Oct and had been told by driving instructor that there were 16 possible routes but everyone i spoke to who did it within last yr or so seemed to get pretty much the same. I'll do my best to explain not great with road names.

Left test centre and turned left down the windy road to traffic lights so Waterford Crystal in front of me. Turned left at lights, out past college and then turned right at next lights. Drove past the bank of Ireland and went right at the little roundabout into Lismore Park, i think is the estate. Anyway you drive up there and there is a kind of fork in road. Took the right and you end up at a pretty blind turn to right, to test your "peep and creep" abilties i assume! After that i think took next right, could it be Tycor Avenue??. anyway did the reverse round corner and 3point turn here. Drove back up way had came and out by the Amber garage Lisduggan. Turned left up as far as roundabout near Walsh Park, took 3rd exit so down to right. Took a right down there and then right again. pulled in along ther to do hillstart, to be honest, not much of a hill. Drove up outta there, ended up almost directly opposite Bank of Ireland again. Left and left again back onto Cork Road and back down to test centre!!!

Hope i have not confused the bejaysus outta you! Best of luck!!

I did my test with them about a year ago and it sounds like the same route 73Cat just described, best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bike test might go on different route. No use me putting up the route lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

well seany, is it a similar route to that, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Bits of it yeah. I ended up out in kilcohan aswell. Through ballybriken also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

ha aright yeah all over the place so! thanks for that

Advertisement