Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbogget Park

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Has the nature area been finished? I walked through there yesterday and the place looks an eyesore? as they have effectively dug up a landfill site, I expected them to at least put some decent top soil in place, not just to leave all the dug up rubbish exposed.

it needs some serious landscaping or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Has the nature area been finished? I walked through there yesterday and the place looks an eyesore? as they have effectively dug up a landfill site, I expected them to at least put some decent top soil in place, not just to leave all the dug up rubbish exposed.

it needs some serious landscaping or something.

sorry - you were there yesterday and are asking if its finished ??

I havent seen it in months but it was an eyesore back then ...guessing funds diverted to some other cause and work is on a go-slow or even stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Effectively the area is finished, but there may be a bit more planting that is season dependant, but I think that should be done now too.

It'll look pretty rough for a few years I reckon until the vegetation fills out properly.

As for the area past this where the pitches are and all the exposed soil, I've no idea what's going on here but wouldn't expect anything to be done about it. Its always been fairly marshy so maybe its to try and get better drainage by having more soil on top of the rubbish buried there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Looks all dug up to me too, very bad. Totally OT but who would be the best person/authority contact to see if they would put a chinup bar or parallel bars in the park, like what they have in cabinteely park. They put up 2 basketball nets beside the rugby club & playground. Dunno if the rugby or GAA did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

rubadub wrote: »
    . Dunno if the rugby or GAA did that.

neither, I would imagine it was the county council that did that. I'd suggest you contact them.

Advertisement