Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Optical mice

• 22-04-2010 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have an old optical mouse that seems to jump around the screen of its own accord. Can this be fixed or is it for the bin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

It's unlikely to be anything other than old age. You can try:
    i)Using a different mouse mat; if your current one is old / dirty the cursor might be a bit sluggish, although I don't think it would ever "jump around the screen" because of this, but it's worth checking as it's a free option
    ii) Try installing the latest mouse drivers - you'll get them from the website of the mouse manufacturer (usually).

Last resort is just get a new mouse - a basic mouse nowadays is so cheap their practically free. Seriously. You'll pick up a microsoft optical rollerball mouse for about 15 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Using it on a shiny surface? Try it on a book or something not glossy, its a regular complaint with optical mice. Get a mousemat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have a Logitech optical (it's also wireless) mouse and though it seems strange, the best mousemat is actually a blank sheet of A4 paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I have a cheapo optical USB mouse; it works fine at home on a woodgrain-effect formica-topped table, but is unusable on a real-wood table at my daughters house.

But I have another identical laptop that has serious issues with mouse pointers (randomly go seeking the bottom-left or top-right corner of screen) that made me replace laptop.
    I suspect it may be a hardware issue with trackpad, although it affects plugged-in mice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Advertisement
Advertisement