Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa to juventus?

• 22-04-2010 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

According to the Gazetta, via james horncastle:

Gazzetta: Rafa Benitez has apparently given Juventus the names of six staff he would like with him in Turin

Gazzetta: Juve agree €4.5m contract with Rafa, he agrees to reduce his staff from 12 to 6, but wants Amedeo Carboni, Valencia's former DS

Rafa's 'Juve' staff: Antonio Pintus, Mauricio Pellegrino, Eduardo Macia, Paco De Miguel, Amedeo Carboni and Mauro Pederzoli

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

IBL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Boards seems to be turning you into a 16 year old mike. IBL? Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Gist of article below is that Rafa wants Juventus to buy out the remainder of his contract at Liverpool which stands at 16 millon.
    This is second freshest link with Goal saying they have extending the deadline for Rafa to make a decision until the end of the season.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Juventus-deal-for-Benitez-held-up-by-Liverpool-severance-clause/7233/

Boards seems to be turning you into a 16 year old mike. IBL? Are you serious?

Its a load of toss, first Juve were giving Rafa a week to commit, now its until the end of the season. Which is very generous of them I must say. It hardly justifies a seperate thread.

But "where will Jose be coaching next season" and "fergie wants moyes to succeed him next season" even though he never said anything of the sort...are worth seperate threads?

Go out and get some fresh air mike, you don't decide what's thread worthy and what isn't.

If I was a Liverpool fan, god forbid, I'd be interested in these reports.

• Advertisement

They are not worth seperate threads really. Still there we go. The fact this thread so far is mainly you and me arguing the toss of its worth rather than its contents suggets no-on else really believes it either.

Sure we'll see. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is all over the Italian media today and they have given a date for the official announcement.

They claim it will be announced officially after the next Juve board meeting on May 10th.

They also claim that Sammy Lee is going with Rafa along with a number of other named backroom staff, and that a €16 million compensation package has been agreed between the two clubs.

The last bit is that they claim that Rafa has already listed a number of targets across Europe that he wishes to bring to the club.

Seems a bit convinient how these big Rafa stories always blow up right before an important game. Anyone remember last season the massive breaking story that was announced on the day that Liverpool were to play Real Madrid in the CL? Yep it was the Rafa has walked out on Liverpool story and that he had signed a pre contract with Real.

So whilst I will cast an eye at the newest story, I will be taking it with more than just a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

But "where will Jose be coaching next season" and "fergie wants moyes to succeed him next season" even though he never said anything of the sort...are worth seperate threads?

Go out and get some fresh air mike, you don't decide what's thread worthy and what isn't.

If I was a Liverpool fan, god forbid, I'd be interested in these reports.

No, those threads were silly too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The OP's link is terrible but as Kess says the story is given notoriety in the Italian press today.

http://football-italia.net/apr22b.html

Opr

• Advertisement

They'll be saying Silva, Villa and Torres have signed pre-contract agreements next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Rafa goes > Torres goes > Maxi goes > Reina goes and the beautiful Spanish desertion continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He's off to Newcastle tbh

Jose and Rafa sat outside Mike Ashleys office, CVs clutched tight in their hands trying to think of something to talk about other than the interview. I can see it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mike65 wrote: »
    Jose and Rafa sat outside Mike Ashleys office, CVs clutched tight in their hands trying to think of something to talk about other than the interview. I can see it now.

a south park epsiode comes to mind

Apologies for quality of OP. Posting from phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rafa goes > Torres goes > Maxi goes > Reina goes and the beautiful Spanish desertion continues

God forbid. Also, he's Argentinian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    They'll be saying Silva, Villa and Torres have signed pre-contract agreements next.

Don't be silly.

Silva, Villa, and Messi have signed pre contracts to come to Liverpool this summer. ;)

Which is about as likely to happen as the other Liverpool related story in the Italian media today, which is that Torres, Mascherano, and Reina are heading to Juve.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I'd prefer to see Rafa at Madrid, Fact.

Advertisement