Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

libaries

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

Galway has only one public library or are there more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

in the city? There is one in Ballybane and one in Westside, going further out there are more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

in the city? There is one in Ballybane and one in Westside, going further out there are more.

weird, growing up in the city I only ever thought there was one as I never had cause to go to Ballybane or Westside.

the general Tirellan, Menlo area was seemingly deprived of facilities. even today thousands of people live there but facilities such as playgrounds and a library are unheard of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There was only one. once a upon a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

"The service is delivered through a network of thirty Library Branches and a mobile library"

http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/Library/LibraryNetwork/ gives you opening hours

The most entertaining part of the site is the entry at the top of list for "Galway City Libraries" - which includes Oranmore.

I know that I think that Oranmore SHOULD be part of the city, but this is the first time I've seen the County Council agree with me on the subject ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm sure the Oranians will understand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement