Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet Cidona/Diet Lilt Craving - where to buy?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi - anyone know where can buy the above in Galway - have craving for last 2 weeks and NO JOY - find ordinary cidona too sugary!! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

McCambridges on Shop Street have Diet Cidona

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Thanks so so much - am preg at the moment and missing my pints of bulmers when sunshine and craving APPLES...Was just about to give up! God bless McCambridges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Do they make Diet Lilt?!!

No joy in McCambridges - any other shops selling diet cidona/lilt/lemon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I was told by the person at the concessions stand at the eye that their lemon fanta is sugar free.

It might not be true though - I've never seen sugar free lemon fanta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Sean Kelly drank the lot.

Sean Kelly.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Diet soda/minerals are generally evil. Used to drink diet c*ke until a pal who lectures on nutrition sent me a link (mainly for devilment to freak me out, but to prove an argument point). Scaaaaaary. Thought sugar was the supreme evil (lovely lovely evil) until I read about the fundamentalist cousins of aspartame etc. EEK!

Sorry for the rant, but it frightened me into evangalism!:) lovely lo/fruit sugar hippie fizzies to be found in the health shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

was that link to a scientific journal perchance? or just to some fruitcake wobbling on and on via geocities/blogger?

Xiney wrote: »
    was that link to a scientific journal perchance? or just to some fruitcake wobbling on and on via geocities/blogger?

I just looked for the linky and it's in a dead email account I think. The woman who sent it to me is a pretty well know nutritionist who lectures at Bastyr (now I will concede that Bastyr is a bit leftie, but is a pretty well recognised Uni on the West Coast).

Let me google a bit and if your *really* want me to get the source, I will email her :)

Here's one, maybe it's reputable, maybe not..honestly I do not claim to be a huge science geek, but whether or not it is psychosomatic, I felt a lot better after giving up my diet c*ke habit. No more tummy aches!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's pure toxic.

For the love of Jeff, if you're avoiding alcohol for the good of the kid, don't touch 'diet' anything.

Juice your own apples or buy cartons of the stuff from shops and a soda stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Or just drink normal Lilt?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Or just drink normal Lilt?

Couldn't find the 'long and lovely' one but....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kDpTinaRe4

Ta for all your comments but all I was looking for was info on where they were sold, wasnt looking for a lecture/info on nutrition etc....I do KNOW they arent healthy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

shigg wrote: »
    Ta for all your comments but all I was looking for was info on where they were sold, wasnt looking for a lecture/info on nutrition etc....I do KNOW they arent healthy!!

People, pregnant woman just wants easing of cravings
    Hope u find it Shigg
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

shigg wrote: »

My missus craved Moro bars during pregnancy. She ate many dozens of them. My sister-in-law couldn't get enough cans of ice cold Pepsi Max and drank 3 or 4 every evening. And my mate's wife licked coal when she was expecting.

Shigg, if you find Diet Lilt, then I hope you find lots of it and drink gallons of it. I wish you a healthy baby and a pleasant pregnancy. Keep away from stressful situations and ignore of the posts here that annoy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

ErnieBert wrote: »
    My missus craved Moro bars during pregnancy. She ate many dozens of them. My sister-in-law couldn't get enough cans of ice cold Pepsi Max and drank 3 or 4 every evening. And my mate's wife licked coal when she was expecting.

Shigg, if you find Diet Lilt, then I hope you find lots of it and drink gallons of it. I wish you a healthy baby and a pleasant pregnancy. Keep away from stressful situations and ignore of the posts here that annoy you.

HEAR, HEAR!! whatever blows your hair back baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ErnieBert wrote: »
    And my mate's wife licked coal when she was expecting.

Jesus, if she'd lick coal what else would she lick?

Boom

No offense intended on my part OP, in fact I even missed the part that you were expecting!:eek:
    I just felt better after kicking the lite buzz, and didn't know anything about it until someone told me. Have plenty more vices though!:)

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy too!

Advertisement