Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dinghy Sailing Fingal / Dublin

• 22-04-2010 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I used to have a dinghy based in the broadmeadows pen in malahide. Ive sailed a few pico's there, and my own 420. Sold up a few years ago because I had moved, wasn't getting the use and the cost of membership had gone up alot.

Would love to get back into it, so I have my eyes on a new dinghy now, and I have somewhere I can store it. I should be able to get a towbar and not be limited to the one place, although having a pen right by the launching slip was very handy..

My questions are

1. Where is there safe sailing.
    2. Where is there easy access to the water.
    3. Where is there safe parking etc nearby for the car/road trailer.

Last time I checked, either Fingal CoCo (not sure why) or MYC (not sure if thats legal) had placed bollards preventing access to the beach. I doubt you could get a launching trailer through.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Alot of public slipways are having Bollards being put up by the County Councils with the excuse that it's to stop jetski from being launched. Unfortunately it also stops everyone else. The same has happened at Clontarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 con20or

Ive never driven a trailer before either, so ease of parking would be pretty important too. Malahide hasnt got much, bit the little it does have is good if its empty.

How crazy an idea would lifting a laser II over the bollards be? Two people obviously. I think it would be tricky.

I could drive round to the donabate side and launch off the beach i suppose....

Alternative site suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

iirc there's a slipway on strand road in sutton before you hit the dinghy club. it's very tidal though but if there aren't any bollards there (and if it exits :eek:) there's plenty of parking

Advertisement