If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 3D instore demo evening....

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Something to get a little excited about, you may have heard about a little thing called 3D TV....
    Well we are planning a 3D instore demo evening towards the end of May to show it off.

Now all the fine details are as yet to be finalized but I expect it will be either a 40 or 46" 8 series TV, hopefully the larger of the two - bigger is better, especially as far as 3D is concerned:)

We should have a good few sets of the glasses to go around as well.
    Once I have more concrete information I'll update this post.

So...
    If you're interested in joining us for the demo evening please add your name to this post..

Cheers folks
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I would be interested in having a look alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

cool.
    Will let you know when date is set

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hmm - interested also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Very much interested, cheers Ash.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Count me in..............

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Sounds cool, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

interested - but a specific date will determine my availability....have already seen/experienced 3DTV ...mildly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Hi

Please stick me down for this.

Cheers

Austin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 under_score

Sounds good.

Do you have any information on the new 3D TV's at this stage? Any early reports? I'm interested in the Philips 40PFL8605. Have you heard when it's due to be released, prices, etc...

Brian

Cheers folks

Thanks for the interest, sorry I cant give you anymore info re the evening as yet - its still being worked out.

The 40PFL8605H will sell for €1499.99, its bigger bro, the 46PFL8605H, will come in at €1999.99 and for those who want to really large it up, the 52PFL8605H at €2499.99

These are expected to hit us around June time but dates havent been set as yet.

These are Full HD 3D ready TV's.
    There will be a add on pack containing transmitter and Active Shutter glasses realeased later in the year as well, oh and a 3D Blu-Ray player to complete the setup.
    No pricing on these as yet....

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'd be interested in attending Ash

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I wouldn't mind having a look either.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Cheers folks

There will be a add on pack containing transmitter and Active Shutter glasses realeased later in the year as well, oh and a 3D Blu-Ray player to complete the setup.
    No pricing on these as yet....

So the add on pack referred to here - would this possibly indicate to us folks that bought sets in 2009 might still be able to experience 3D. Or is this Homer Simpson logic... :)

Hi Builder22

'fraid not:(

You'll need a shiney new 8 or 9 series TV to take advantage of 3D

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Well seeing as i only got the 9 series in October, 3D will have to wait for me to catch up...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi Ashley,

Yes, put my name down so you can tempt me out of more of my fast-disappearing money. All looks very tempting, very tempting indeed....though as a Nov. '09 TV purchaser I think herself may have some thoughts on this.

Naturally I assume there will be a draw on the evening for some lucky attendee to win a Full 3D TV, 3D Blu-Ray Player and Surround Sound system.......:D:D oh, look, there's a pig flying outside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Count me in please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Count me in

Add me aswell thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sounds good, I'll make it if I'm in the country...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Yeah I'd be interested too,

Hi all

Thanks for the interest - keep those names coming eh!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

I'd love to see the demo too :)

Hi Builder22, seeing as your TV is now 6 months old, I'd say it due to be replaced:D

ButtersSuki, Nice idea, tell you what - if you can catch me one of those flying pigs i'll give it serious though.....

cheers
    Ash

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Count me in please Ashley. Many thanks. Money waiting just get me in a TV and not a small one either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

greetings-would appreciate if possible 2 passes when you're sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd be very interested in this, looking to upgrade before the World Cup.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Ash, is it true the last poster has to bring the popcorn and drinks for all. At this stage you better rent out the 02 for the demo.:p

• Advertisement

Rednik

What a good idea!

But I should point out - It's the last poster who doesn't work in The Philips Shop:D

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.