Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at the Mater

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have to collect my father from the Mater tomorrow and Im wondering about parking and the like.

Is there a place I can park outside the door so I can head in and sign him out. He won't be able to walk very far as he will have been heavily sedated.

I know their website says "set down" but other hospitals set down signs say 20 minutes.

Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Public or Private?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cosmic wrote: »
    Public or Private?

Private.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

There is Pay & Display on Eccles St. outside the Mater

Ah cr*p, there's space to pull in at the public because it's off the main road but there's not at the private. There is a little set down spot outside the private but it's normally full of taxis and ambulances and you'd only be able to leave your car there for a couple of minutes max. Sorry :(

There is Pay & Display on Eccles St. outside the Mater

I work on that road and it's normally completely full, you'd be really really lucky to get a spot close to the private. Worth a try but I wouldn't count on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I've often used Temple St (or Great Denmark St/Gardiner Place) to park when picking up. Usually able to find a space. It's only a minute or two from the door so you can nip out quickly, grab the car and drive to near the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Its one of the worst streets for parking. Idiots blocking the road waiting for the car park.

OP just pull into the set down area at the private if you cant get P&D close enough. Ive ofton seen people do it.

Advertisement