Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechwarrior 4 Free Edition - Release Actually Imminent?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Oh man MW4, I havnt played that in years! I think it was on one of those old gateway PCs that came in a box designed to look like a cow! Should be good since the hamsters that were powering SEGAs Chromehounds servers were finally put to rest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Hey Mark and Seifer

Cheers for the advice, I was able to download the torrents no bother! it was the installing part of it i was having trouble with. the mtx crashed 4 times this weeekend when i tried to install. it was a nightmare! using win7, could be related.

But its installed now, started playing a bit last night. Its everything I remembered and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

folan wrote: »
    Hey Mark and Seifer

Cheers for the advice, I was able to download the torrents no bother! it was the installing part of it i was having trouble with. the mtx crashed 4 times this weeekend when i tried to install. it was a nightmare! using win7, could be related.

But its installed now, started playing a bit last night. Its everything I remembered and more!

No problem glad it worked for you :)
    (I installed it on win7, 64 bit, no problems, so I dont know why yours failed 4 times. Oh well, its working now, so lets just chalk it up to the crapiness of the MTX program:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

No problem glad it worked for you :)
    (I installed it on win7, 64 bit, no problems, so I dont know why yours failed 4 times. Oh well, its working now, so lets just chalk it up to the crapiness of the MTX program:) )
    Done!

Since the install, its been working perfectly (64-bit win7 too), so its definatly the mtx program, but on the up side i wont be using it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Great game which I own... 4 copies of now? It's on that white label yoke for about a fiver, you'll see them in HMV or Xtravision and the ilk.

Mektek stuff has always been appallingly bad. Only bit of software to BSOD my old rig was their MekTek add-on pack. Great models and textures though.

Hopefully the online game is a bit more balanced than it was. Too many Madcat MK.IIs using gauss rifles and jetpacks to snipe behind the peaks of large mountains put me off last time around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement