Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

how many.....

• 22-04-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

How many xbox can play online on a 3mb line?

assuming its an average 3mb line ( eircom) playing bfbc2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Is it a 3mb line or are you actually getting 3mb?

If ya actually getting 3mb i would say that you should be able to have 3 people online at same time but after that you might loose quality. Preferably have only 2 people on it at once though to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

thats what i was thinkin alright. i get like 2.7mb usually. but you know when you need it it will slow down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Yeah, wouldnt go more than two people then at 2.7mb. Im not an expert on this but just from my own experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The bandwidth of 3mb is not much of a factor , you could easially have 10 people playing on that without issue. What is a factor is the pings. Once the ping is nice and low gameplay won't be effected.

Now if one console was downloading a demo or something that would effect things but obviously you are all going to be playing games.

My connection is regularly used buy 3 of us for games, one pc and 2 360's at the same time no problems and 2 laptops could be in use connected to the network.
    Thats me though, and from my experience in the past of eircom in the evening the pings can be bad to say the least

is yours a 3mb line?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

3mb line should be fine. I regularly race Forza on 3-4 different xboxen at our lans and that needs xbox live to work. 3mb, if its running at anything like its proper speed should be fine. If you give us an idea of what you are looking to do and we can tell you if it will work...

The number of users is important but what they are going to be doing on the line is just as important.

DeV.

3 mates are coming over with their xboxes to play bad company 2 . there will be no other use on the line only the xboxes.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Easy money, you shouldn't notice a thing.... if you do, its not because of the 3mb capacity, its because you would be having similar issues even if there was one of you.

You shouldnt have any trouble at all...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i can host 3 players and iam using the 02 dongle yoke as some other poster said it all about the ping if u have a good ping u will have a good quailty game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Each xbox 360 will only use about 15kbps both up and down when connected to XBL. It uses hardly any bandwidth. As has been stated before, PING is very important but also the QoS (quality of service). This is how consist your connection is when streaming information. What you don't want is much packet loss either. You can check your connection out on the link below. Then you'll know exactly how good your connection is. It'll give you a full breakdown.

http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed.php

• Advertisement

quality of service was 84% . should be alright. but you know when you set this type of sh1t up something always goes wrong. cheers for your help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The original requirement for Live was only to have a 512k line at whatever quality they were at the time. It's all about the pings though.

Advertisement