Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roads Around Sally Gap

• 22-04-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

This might be old news, but the road by Glenmacnass has been resurfaced and there was a crew at work on the road up towards Luggala (Roundwood side) yesterday evening. It's only gravel rolled into tar but it's some improvement on what was there before - still plenty of loose chippings so I wouldn't be taking the Glenmacnass descent at full pelt just yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Almost learnt the hard way yesterday, with the truck right across the road. Luckily it was at the very bottom and I could stop =D

Anybody know, what those big white things are on the mountain top, by the mast by Sally Gap? They looked like large plastic sheeting scattered around, there was also one on another hilltop. My imagination was thinking oh no Ive stumbld on debris from an airplane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Anybody know, what those big white things are on the mountain top, by the mast by Sally Gap? They looked like large plastic sheeting scattered around, there was also one on another hilltop. My imagination was thinking oh no Ive stumbld on debris from an airplane!

To me it still looks like pockets of snow(3 or 4) in well sheltered parts of the hillside. I'm more concerned about riding through clouds of smoke up there atm,nearly killed me yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm more concerned about riding through clouds of smoke up there atm,nearly killed me yesterday evening.

You should really put the cigarette out when you're attempting a climb that hard.

Advertisement