Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork County Council bins

Options
  • 22-04-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I have bought a house and it has county council bins. I am not using the council for refuse but am using somone different. How do I get the council to collect their bins. Can't find an email address or phone number anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I'll come take them for you, where and when.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'll come take them for you, where and when.

MC

Will the previous owner not get charged if they fail to return the bins - are they not chipped or numbered or some crap like that.

TBH They rarely bother to collect them as its an extra cost to send a van around etc, offer is still open if you want them gone, PM me.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ring the number for Waste and they will collect them.
    I did that for some that we didn't need and they sent someone out to collect them.
    They are microchipped so when they lift the bin it records the weight to your account.

NO big brother tech in our bins!

:D

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply's lad's. A fella turned up from the council on Friday and took two of the bins, the previous owner had contacted them when they left the house. He left the old black one - it's obsolete he said. I don't know if you are interested in that one but its yours if you want it.

If its a wheelie one then yup I'm interested, PM me details.

MC

If its a wheelie one then yup I'm interested, PM me details.

MC

PM Sent.

Advertisement