Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Dublin Ballad/trad group

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Anyone out there interested in starting a three piece ballad group. Looking for a strong whistle player, and a 2nd guitar/mandolin with vocals to share the vocal responsibility.

Looking for musicians in the west Dublin area preferrably. Gigging exp a bonus but not essential. Want to play a mainly ballad/folk type setup with a mix of good trad sets in between.

if this sounds like your thing, get in touch..........Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭squelly

bump

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Please read the charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054976206
    BEFORE posting ;)
    Musicians seeking other musicians - for bands / jamming etc, please include the following in your post / reply

* style of play
    * what kind of musician you are OR are looking for

I thought I pretty much covered all requirements in the post but maybe to be clearer.........
    location: Dublin, West preferrably...Lucan although others considered.

influences: Pogues, Planxty, Dubliners, Paul Brady, Christy Moore, Fureys

style of play: Traditional Irish, folk, Ballads

what kind of musician you are OR are looking for: I play banjo and guitar, looking for another guitar/mandolin/bouzouki with vocals, and or whistle/fiddle player.

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭KeithMaster

HOWYA SQUELLY
    YOU STILL LOOKING FOR GUITARIST WITH STRONG VOCALS?

Keith already have a guitarist with strong vocals im afraid. We really need a mandolin, fiddle, or whistle player to complete the trio. looking for someone with a good repetoire of jigs and reels and be able to back ballads.

• Advertisement

Cmon there must be someone out there. callin all mandolin, fiddle, whistle players who can do a mix of irish tunes and be able to back the ballads. get in touch, gigs a beggin!

Bump! due to time wasters.

still looking for a good mandolin/fiddle player that can back ballads and do the jigs and reels.

We mainly gig in the city center. Preferably someone with their own transport and not a time waster.

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistyman

Il pm u wwwith my details, im harmonica/tin whistle

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sellman

pm'ed you my details. i play mandolin and banjo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrmojo8409

Hey,
    Names Jim.
    I play banjo, Mandolin, Guitar, Bodhran, and harmonica if your interested give me a shout.
    Been gigging around the country for the past 5 or so years very experienced and eager.

pm you my contact details.

• Advertisement

bumping this up, as you can see I have had loads of responses and worked with several to date, only problem is everyone seems to have fingers in several pies. So its a nightmare trying to organise and commit to gigs.

So I am looking for a committed person to this project alone. If interested please pm with as much info as possible, your experience, where your based, transport, instrument/s you play. I am looking for someone who can share the vocals, and back ballads and play jigs and reels.

please dont reply if your looking for casual filler gigs.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dwaincasey

Hi Squelly,
    I sent you a pm.

Dwain

Advertisement