Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200MB homeplugs ?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy four 200MB homeplugs (home networking). Anyone recommend somewhere selling them reasonable (on/offline). Alternatively a discount code for somewhere ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No good to you I know but I was in Curry's in Galway this morning & they had like a managers special which included 10 sets of these (I bought two sets) @ €25 each. Thought it was a good price?

Have a look at these

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Hi Gadgetman,

If they're the starter set (2 per box), that's an incredible price. Would you be able to pick me up 2 boxes & post them to me & I'll pay you with some extra for your trouble ?

iMax wrote: »
    Hi Gadgetman,

If they're the starter set (2 per box), that's an incredible price. Would you be able to pick me up 2 boxes & post them to me & I'll pay you with some extra for your trouble ?

Was there this morning iMax as I decided to grab another set if they were still there, they had 2 left of which I bought one and while I was paying for them someone came to the checkout with the last one, sorry.

They also had the devolo dLAN Wireless Extender (HomePlug) but you must already have the devolo homeplug to work in conjunction with that, they had about 5 or 6 left this morning and were selling them for €21 each.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Great price for these.
    I was looking for these a couple of weeks ago.
    I ended up buying what I thought was 2 solwise 200mbps ones but when it was delivered it was only 1, I read the ad on ebay wrong.
    Quick question, do these work with different brands, in other words if I have a solwise master one can I run other plugs off it that are 200mbps?
    Sorry for hijacking the thread.

If the answer is yes I am going to have a look in curry's in Dublin to see if they have this offer.
    Cheers.

sham69 wrote: »
    Great price for these.
    I was looking for these a couple of weeks ago.
    I ended up buying what I thought was 2 solwise 200mbps ones but when it was delivered it was only 1, I read the ad on ebay wrong.
    Quick question, do these work with different brands, in other words if I have a solwise master one can I run other plugs off it that are 200mbps?
    Sorry for hijacking the thread.

If the answer is yes I am going to have a look in curry's in Dublin to see if they have this offer.
    Cheers.

My understanding is that they do work with other brands provided the speeds are the same, you can't mix 85Mpbs with 200 though. A lot of the manufactures use the same chipset but you may need to verify that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Cheers Gadgetman.
    I paid 60 euro for 1 solwise one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Appreciate the effort gadgetman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 JasonR16

My understanding is that they do work with other brands provided the speeds are the same, you can't mix 85Mpbs with 200 though. A lot of the manufactures use the same chipset but you may need to verify that?
    I believe there are two types of chipsets (DS2 and Intellon) - As long as they use the same chipset you can use different brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Advertisement