Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car radio just stopped working..

• 22-04-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Ok so one day I just got into my car (Hyundai Coupe) and the radio just wouldn't come on, and its still not working, but the eject button for CD still works? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

eject button would probably still work because of the permanent live going to the radio for the clock and station preset memory

I'd be checking the ignition live going into the radio and see if the problem is there.

Is there anything else not working in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RubyLamb

Oh hey... you're the same guy who replied when I locked my keys in the car, yeah, I'm a disaster!

Everything else is working fine, no reason why it would have randomly stopped working. Its driving me nuts

As Colm says it could well be the live, on the hyundai the stereo isn't a straight pull out effort though I think some of the heater surround etc has to be removed too unfortunately.

out of interest is it a Challenge or Pioneer radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Before you go whipping the dash bits out, have you checked all your fuses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 RubyLamb

It's a Sony stereo, and Lurching, someone said it might be the fuse alright but had a look and was none the wiser so I dunno.

ther's a 10 amp fuse in the back of the stereo too, check that if you can.

The CD eject wouldn't work if it was the fuse me thinks.

on some stereos (my old Sony one for example!) eject will work if the ignition is turned off, powered by the perm live I'd say. never tried with the fuse out though.

The permanent live is fused too, well on my JVC it is anyway, was only looking at the wiring diagram last week as there seemed to be no permanent live as she lost all settings when ignition turned off on the 520 I bought recently, all sorted now thankfully :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement