Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDO vs FABER

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone notice they totally ditched any kind branding for the event ? No WEC / UFC at all. Thought that was a little odd. Goldburg almost slipped up during the Garcia / Zombie fight though "zombie making his eh ..... Organisational début here tonight" lol :D

Yea anyone know the reasoning behind not promoting or mentioning the WEC brand at all? Apparantly, even the actual paper programme that was being sold at the event didn't have the WEC letters anywhere either. Apart from the blue mat and the theme tune...odd that they didn't attempt to promote the brand to the casual fan that may not have been aware of it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

seadnamac wrote: »
    Yea anyone know the reasoning behind not promoting or mentioning the WEC brand at all? Apparantly, even the actual paper programme that was being sold at the event didn't have the WEC letters anywhere either. Apart from the blue mat and the theme tune...odd that they didn't attempt to promote the brand to the casual fan that may not have been aware of it before.

They gonna merge the WEC with UFC im guessing. UFC is the biggest org in the business and they want to start doing PPV on WEC. Thus if WEC has the UFC brand name it will get more PPV sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

They gonna merge the WEC with UFC im guessing. UFC is the biggest org in the business and they want to start doing PPV on WEC. Thus if WEC has the UFC brand name it will get more PPV sales.

Yea maybe, even though from I've read their plans are to keep WEC as a seperate brand and adding a flyweight division while moving all the LWs up to the UFC. Just seems odd that given the great card and great fights last night, they weren't interested in going the whole "If you enjoyed the fights tonight make sure to check out the WEC in future..." route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

chordtype wrote: »
    Streams or downloads?
    streams preferably, got em now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Another excellent night of fights. I am at a complete loss as to why the WEC hasn't been picked up by anyone over here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Excellent card.
    One Punch Pickett looked good against Demetrius Johnson on the under card. Was impressed with Jorgenson has been getting better with every fight. Cannot see anyone getting passed Aldo at the moment he will destroy Gamburyan who I believe is next in line after beating Brown. Cerrone against Pettis next for sure then a Varner rematch. Smooth just seems to be his bogey opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Excellent card. Enjoyed every single fight. Garcia Vs Sang Jung was an absolute war. Technique out the window and swinging for the fences, it was great. While I appreciate the great technical battles that occur but it's always exciting to see a 'throw caution to the wind' type fight. Bull**** decision too.

Pity Aldo didn't finish Faber. Those kicks really took their toll.....
    iqn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shazbot wrote: »
    Excellent card. Enjoyed every single fight. Garcia Vs Sang Jung was an absolute war. Technique out the window and swinging for the fences, it was great. While I appreciate the great technical battles that occur but it's always exciting to see a 'throw caution to the wind' type fight. Bull**** decision too.

Pity Aldo didn't finish Faber. Those kicks really took their toll.....
    iqn.jpg

Holy holy. His thigh has just become a swollen mass of...swollen....ness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Great card, quality fight after fight, my fav was Demetrious Johnson vs. Brad Pickett. Made up for some disapointing cards recently on strikeforce and ufc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

WOW, just got round to watching this now. Aldo put on an absolute masterclass. Them leg kicks must of hurt!

ÈDIT: Haha, double WOW this sung v garcia is one of the best i've ever seen, the korean zombie, love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is there a place i can watch faber ALldo online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Holy holy. His thigh has just become a swollen mass of...swollen....ness

If you think it looks bad there. Check it out after another day or two. Rank.

2le18ae.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

If you think it looks bad there. Check it out after another day or two. Rank.
    Holy crap :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Urijah 'Elephant Leg' Faber. It must suck doing anything when your leg is like that.

Advertisement