Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to ireland, working in leopardstown, where to live??

Options
  • 22-04-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all,

i'm sure people have asked similar questions before but i've been reading thru the threads and haven't found a satisfying answer.

i'm moving to ireland! i'll be working in leopardstown, and need to decide on where to live - should i live near the office, or somewhere a bit more interesting and hence closer to or in the city?

bit of background - i'm from the uk, tho have been living in the middle east the last couple of years. i'm single, 31 and would ideally want to live in a modern 2-bed apartment

what i would be very grateful for is just some suggestions about where best to live considering the office location and the desire to be close to the action.

thanks guys - looking forward to your help, and really excited about moving to ireland!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I reckon your best bet would be to look for somewhere in Sandyford. You are close to the Luas which gives easy access to town and you are very close to Leopardstown also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I would recommend the opposite - live closer to town, along the Luas line and take the luas to work. I assume that you will be working either in South Co. Business Park or Central Park ? THe Luas stop currently is about a 5 minute walk from these, but there is a new station opening up this year in Central park. I live in Leopardstown/Sandtford before and it's the pits...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Try Ranalagh, Rathmines, Clonskeagh or Dundrum. Sandyford is like in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jojowho

Around St Stephen's Green area, lots fun in town and easy to get any transports to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I would agree about the St Stephens green area, It's very central and
    there are some lovely apartments close by. Good luck and I'm sure
    you will love Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I defo wouldn't stay out in Sandyford - its an industrial estate with loads of apartments and its dead at the weekend. Theres lovely apartments near the Luas (Irelands Light Rail Transport System) stop at Milltown. Not sure what your budget is but Milltown is about half way between the city centre and Leopardstown (about 15 mins each way on the Luas).

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

jonnybravo wrote: »
    I defo wouldn't stay out in Sandyford - its an industrial estate with loads of apartments and its dead at the weekend. Theres lovely apartments near the Luas (Irelands Light Rail Transport System) stop at Milltown. Not sure what your budget is but Milltown is about half way between the city centre and Leopardstown (about 15 mins each way on the Luas).

Milltown is nice lived there before and rent should be reasonable. If you can afford it try closer to town, Ranelagh is a lovely area, has great shops, cafe etc , 10-20min walk to citycentre and has its own Luas stop. Best bit for you is in the morning rush hour you'll be headed in the opposite direction to the wedged trams heading into the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 landcraft

hi guys,

thanks so much for all your advice!

i think i will try and go for the ranelagh/rathmines area (depending on affordability).

will let you know how i get on!:cool:

thanks again!

Advertisement