Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N'Zogbia arrested for Driving Test Fraud

• 22-04-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/22/wiganathletic-premierleague
    Roberto Martínez said Charles N'Zogbia made a "naive mistake" which resulted in the midfielder's arrest yesterday. N'Zogbia was arrested at Sale driving test centre on suspicion of fraud by false representation before being released on bail until 3 June pending further enquiries.

It is understood the Wigan Athletic player persuaded a friend to sit the theory part of his driving test ahead of the practical examination he was due to take yesterday. N'Zogbia, who scored the winning goal in Sunday's 3-2 victory over Arsenal, has co-operated fully with the police and club.

"The way I see the whole situation is that Charles has been badly advised, and he's made a naive mistake," Martínez, the Wigan manager, said. "We're going to look into every single detail before I give my full side of the story, but what is important is Charles has reacted in a very mature way.

"We need to remember he is a very young man, but he knows he is also a public figure, and he needs to make sure he becomes a stronger and more experienced human being. In that respect we'll help him to ensure he is available to do what he does best which is playing football. We'll collaborate with the police and with Charles to make sure we get out of this situation in a positive way."

I'm suprised he was even caught tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sorry I forgot to include the obligatory pun:

This must be driving Martinez mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Love N'Zogbia as a player, think he's top quality if a little incosistent but he's still young and a very talented player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I wonder does he drive an N'Zonda.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

Paper fodder for about a day, then to be mentioned by the commentary team

before the game at the weekend, then forgotten about.

It's still wrong though tut tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

You would think if he was going to get someone to impersonate him, that they would at least go the whole hog and do both parts of the test.

Silly billy.

EDIT: Proper Charlie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What a brilliantly-lazy idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Premier League footballer on tv every week sending his friend to the test instead. It was always going to be a stupid risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sharp as a blue tack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Maybe it was a mistake made due to tiredness, I hear he suffers from Insomnia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If he's not scoring a former team mate's missus then it ain't news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

People who don't know the rules of the road driving around in expensive, high-powered cars, yeah that's exactly what we need...

Shouldn't be allowed to re-take his test for 12 months, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Columbia wrote: »
    People who don't know the rules of the road driving around in expensive, high-powered cars, yeah that's exactly what we need...

Shouldn't be allowed to re-take his test for 12 months, in my opinion.

I THINK HE SHOULD BE KILLED

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Frisbee wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot to include the obligatory pun:

This must be driving Martinez mad.
    I'd say he's causing him sleepless nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

keane2097 wrote: »

Is it because he's black!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

keane2097 wrote: »

post of the day,

Bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Had to laugh at this, he's an idiot if it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yeah interesting story that.

What a dope, if its true.

And laugh at Martinez coming out in full support of him then, 'ah poor guy sure he's only young and he was badly advised etc etc'.

What kind of bubble do these guys live in?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

What a dope, if its true.

And laugh at Martinez coming out in full support of him then, 'ah poor guy sure he's only young and he was badly advised etc etc'.

What kind of bubble do these guys live in?

Don't post such ****.

"We're going to look into every single detail before I give my full side of the story"

What do you want him to say?

"I ****ING HATE NZOGBIA, HES ****ING WITH MY ****, I WANT HIM OUT OF WIGAN AND OFF THE STREETS THE ****"

Think about it, what did you really want him to say? Remember it's a legal issue too so he can't say "N'zogbia is sooooo ****ing guilty, and super stupid".

mayordenis wrote: »
    Don't post such ****.

"We're going to look into every single detail before I give my full side of the story"

What do you want him to say?

"I ****ING HATE NZOGBIA, HES ****ING WITH MY ****, I WANT HIM OUT OF WIGAN AND OFF THE STREETS THE ****"

Think about it, what did you really want him to say? Remember it's a legal issue too so he can't say "N'zogbia is sooooo ****ing guilty, and super stupid".

Take it easy.

There is a middle ground between Martinez giving full unconditional support, and that ridiculous alternative that you have proposed in your post.

And what do I want him to say? Well, for one thing, I don't see what N'Zogbia has allegedly done as a 'naive mistake', the guy is 23 ffs, and it is too easy to blame it on his 'advisors'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement