Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monoliths "Blood" for sale on gog.com!

Options
  • 22-04-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/one_unit_whole_blood/

My favorite first person shooter game (and best game full stop) ever has been released at good old games today :D

It's sorta in the same vein as Duke Nukem 3D (it uses the same game engine too)

You basically play an anti-hero in the form of a wise cracking badass reincarnated cowboy, quoting lines from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness and all sorts. It's a horror themed game that doesn't take itself very seriously. It's huge amounts of fun, and I recommend people check it out :)

Weapons include a pitchfork, flare gun (set people on fire and watch them run around screaming) napalm cannon, aerosol can + lighter, voodoo doll etc)

The physics system in the game is awesome - You can decapitate the zombies in the game and kick their head around the level, making it bounce off all the walls. They made a multiplayer level which is basically a football pitch, and you score points by kicking zombie heads into the goals.

I know this sounds like a badly worded sales pitch, but It's my favorite game so I want it to get some love :D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

What a classic. One of the first games I remember playing. So violent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

His quotes were hilarious too.

"I did it....myyyyy waaaaay....."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

one of my friends actually made a multiplayer patch for this game to play via the web. sweet game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What a game, I've been playing this again and forgot how much fun it is. Shooting duel Napalms at the Cabal guys and hearing them all scream at the same time puts me in stitches.

"Get off MY TRAIN!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is that website legit? safe for credit card details?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

is that website legit? safe for credit card details?
    Indeed they are. Fantastic site, offering some absolute gems for modern day systems.

the five hundred different options for 'gender' are worrying me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Whilst I'm sure Blood is a good game your first purchase really needs to be Freespace 2 (and 1 if they supply it).

THat is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

didn't they release Freespace 2 for free a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye, few games on GOG that are free elsewhere alright

but! GOG go in patch them so they're playable on new hardware/OS - worth the small premium imo, tis very slick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

It's been a good week for good old games, first outcast, now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Flare guns akimbo FTW !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

It's been a good week for good old games, first outcast, now this.

ah outcast - the crisis of its day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Never had a problem with motion sickness in FPS until I played Blood originally, don't know what it was but even looking at the screen shots now reminds me of feeling violently sick

Maybe that was the point :pac:

took me a while to find the mouselook key, but now that I have it enabled I'm loving it :) so much nostalgic awesomeness running through the game... shame i remember just about all of the secrets though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

took me a while to find the mouselook key, but now that I have it enabled I'm loving it :) so much nostalgic awesomeness running through the game... shame i remember just about all of the secrets though

Ha ha, that fùckin' mouselook key used to flumex me for ages! :D

Advertisement