Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monsoon - complete and utter rip off

• 22-04-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm in the process of shopping around for Bridesmaid dresses, and saw these lovely blue knee length ones on the Monsoon website at 135 pounds -

Popped into a shop on the way home from work yesterday only to see it was 210 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Anyway, you can actually order stuff from the Monsoon.co.uk website at the UK price and have it delivered to the Republic of Ireland for a 7 pound shipping charge - at that price, I'm still saving about 50 euro by ordering it online.

Just a heads up for ye all!! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Thanks Glowing, It is often so much cheaper to buy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

It isn't Monsoon is the rip off it's Ireland!! It's the same for any site I ever see, up to 50% mark up in Euro price! Sure my OH think's I'm mental buying all my shoes & stuff outta the UK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, Monsoon and Accessorise are particularly bad for ripping the Irish off. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 makeup-angel

I only shop there when they have sales on. Got a beautiful dress during sales 3 years ago and still wear it.

Try TKMaxx. They have a lot of bridesmaids type of dresses this time of the year. It is a nightmare to go through all the stuff but you can save a lot of money and buy something a bit different.

New to boards.ie, have no friends here yet. But hey, soon
    joining twitter and facebook. Miss popular me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

I got a fab dress for a wedding in Monsoon Outlet in Kildare, it was about a third of the price when it was in the shops. Obviously not the current season stock but some good deals to be had, also in Coast and Karen Millen there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

MazStar wrote: »
    I got a fab dress for a wedding in Monsoon Outlet in Kildare, it was about a third of the price when it was in the shops. Obviously not the current season stock but some good deals to be had, also in Coast and Karen Millen there.

I'm a sucker for the outlet !

• Registered Users Posts: 35 radha

MazStar wrote: »

The thing about Monsoon is their styles don't change dramatically from each season so you can pick up a really nice silk dress from the sales rail or the outlet and it still looks really well. Their colours really stand out and look very well compared to some other high street stores.

I am wearing a jade green silk, empire style dress I got in the sale for my wedding. I'm having a very small wedding here and then main ceremony abroad. The Monsoon dress is ideal for the small wedding and just cost €50

Advertisement