Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 things I've noticed in the city today

• 22-04-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Katie o briens
    and the way she might look at you...

This is a pub on the quay! Where the fcuk did it come out of haha

and

the graffiti on top of the old jurys on the hill (ard dri) what does it mean and how the hell did they do it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Katie o briens
    and the way she might look at you...

This is a pub on the quay! Where the fcuk did it come out of haha
    QUOTE]

Re-opened last Friday night. There was bouncers on the door, or else just two hefty looking fella's standing around.

Sure nells was closed for ages, now its Katie O Briens.

Anyone been in?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

oh wow. i wonder will it be anything like nells? i liked that place.
    the graffiti on top of the old jurys on the hill (ard dri) what does it mean and how the hell did they do it??
    that's a secret. :pac:

KingLoser wrote: »
    oh wow. i wonder will it be anything like nells? i liked that place.

Doesnt look like nells anymore. Its very bright on the outside.

bah humbug!

stayin in murphy's so.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Doesnt look like nells anymore. Its very bright on the outside.

Ah yes, but it looks like the same lovely dark dingy pub on the inside...
    (that's looking in from the outside, haven't actually been in there yet)

I love my dark pubs and squinting when you come outside for a smoke on a lovely sunny day :pac:

As for the grafitti on Jury's, I don't know but it makes it even more of an eyesore than it already was... Bloody thing :mad:

• Advertisement

KingLoser wrote: »
    bah humbug!

stayin in murphy's so.

Yuss! All hail smelly murphys. Loves an oul Friday night pint in there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Just saw the graffiti on Jury's this morning, what a discrace! it must give some bad impression to visitors.

ya, saw it over the weekend. to anyone who hasn't seen it, they painted a very large swastika on the sign at the top of the ard rí.

gonna go up and paint over it... if someone buys me paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I only saw it myself yesterday.

Surely it wouldn't kill anyone to paint over it.

I only noticed myself yesterday that the centra down by storm closed down. When did tha. Happen? It was an impressive shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea shame about the centra going. It's been closed for a few months. Best fresh sausage rolls in town :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ziedth wrote: »
    I only noticed myself yesterday that the centra down by storm closed down. When did tha. Happen? It was an impressive shop!

They were insane to open where they did, with a Centra up by Revolutions and a Tesco down by Storm and no easy stop for 1min and park to buy something it was never going to work.

Whoever did the research into feasibility before hand should been shot

Cabaal wrote: »
    They were insane to open where they did, with a Centra up by Revolutions and a Tesco down by Storm and no easy stop for 1min and park to buy something it was never going to work.

It was still a deadly shop though. The hot food counter was lovely.

But like you were saying I dunno why they opened in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya you are never gonna win with the tesco there. The rent must have been sky high too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

marlin vs wrote: »
    Just saw the graffiti on Jury's this morning, what a discrace! it must give some bad impression to visitors.
    Generally the city is looking bad on the north side of the river but that is the fault of the city council as they have the power to enforce cleanup orders but maybe they need a brown envelope to help them along. We have tall ships next year and that eyesore will be still there as will the flour mills to embarass us further with our visitors. I blame the city council totally on these eyesores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Cabaal wrote: »

Basically the nearest car park was Tescos. I think the best that could go in there would be a small shop open long hours to serve the residents in the apartments and maybe a laundrette.

I took a look at the Ard Rí but didn't notice anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Two new bus shelters have sprung up on the green in Balllybricken...well they look like bus shelters only with a curved fancy roof:D

One on the green itself near Keogh Practice and other just outside the Tap Room...doesn't seem to be any seating 'yet' so not sure what their purpose is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Two new bus shelters have sprung up on the green in Balllybricken...well they look like bus shelters only with a curved fancy roof:D

One on the green itself near Keogh Practice and other just outside the Tap Room...doesn't seem to be any seating 'yet' so not sure what their purpose is.

one outside the tap room looks like a bike stand

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

I was told they are covers for the parking meters so people wont get wet when getting their ticket :)

even though the meter machines are not in same area..
    dont think they are bus stops, the one on across from Keogh Doctors is right on the corner so hardly a good place for a bus to stop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

danjo-xx wrote: »

They are so you can tie up your bike and keep it nice and dry. Nothing worse than getting a wet arse from a wet saddle.

Now that I reuse my shopping bags I can't use the old plastic bag over the saddle trick anymore.

Advertisement