Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Repairs

• 22-04-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Which shop/mechanic do you find the best in Dublin for mtb repairs?
    I keep changing between Cyclesuper Store and Cycle Inn.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭ciarsciars

I found OC Tuning in Kimmage to good and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I'd recommend Mr. Skeffington here on Boards. Read the thread and you'll see why. Whats wrong with your mtb?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭joeduke

jaqian wrote: »
    I'd recommend Mr. Skeffington here on Boards. Read the thread and you'll see why. Whats wrong with your mtb?

I had my bike with superstore and inn and still have the same problem ,when I pedal hard there is a crack noise (quite loud) coming from the crankarm or bottom bracket, any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

joeduke wrote: »
    I had my bike with superstore and inn and still have the same problem ,when I pedal hard there is a crack noise (quite loud) coming from the crankarm or bottom bracket, any ideas??

PM mr Skeff dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Check the saddle

Had a similar annoying noise for the past 2 weeks. Dismantled everything bar saddle and only twigged it y'day when I grabbed bike by saddle and heard the damn thing :o

Most noises appear to come from BB but I guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

I've heard good things about Mr. Skeff here on boards, also I volunteer at a place called Rothar (www.rothar.ie) which is a community 'not for profit' bike shop, we do repairs as well as sales of second hand bikes - location here - www.tinyurl.com/rotharmap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

blobbie wrote: »
    Check the saddle

Had a similar annoying noise for the past 2 weeks. Dismantled everything bar saddle and only twigged it y'day when I grabbed bike by saddle and heard the damn thing :o

Most noises appear to come from BB but I guess not.

I second this. had the same problem greased and tightened stem and never heard it again. sounded like it was my cranks.

if that doesn't solve it i also second (nay, third) mr skeff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

If you have access to a turbo trainer heres my top tip for locating noises.
    Get a cardboard tube from kitchen roll or similar. Get someone to pedal bike on turbo and listen through card tube. Was laughed out of clubhouse when I suggested this to our gang but many came back and told me it works. Guarantee it will save you all a lot of time next time you have an annoying noise.
    Always try locating noises when both on and off the saddle - this will narrow down possibilites.

Advertisement