Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shield 1-7 (dvd boxset)

Options
  • 22-04-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

good few boxsets being posted up on BA, if anyone spots a particularly good deal on the above, let us know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Best is here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001UL7SMG with free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Thanks Davy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Wossack, if you are a fan of the show, then try to buy it season by season rather than the boxset version.

The boxset version is heavily edited compared to what was on tv. The single season sets are exactly what was on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kess73 wrote: »
    Wossack, if you are a fan of the show, then try to buy it season by season rather than the boxset version.

The boxset version is heavily edited compared to what was on tv. The single season sets are exactly what was on tv.
    I could be way off here.. but I think I heard the finale of season 5 is the only episode that was subject to editing - and it these cuts are present on both the individual season and complete boxset on Region 2.

The only way to get the un-edited is to buy the Region 1 edition.

But like I said, I could be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

saw the complete box set for €70 in golden discs yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

basquille wrote: »
    I could be way off here.. but I think I heard the finale of season 5 is the only episode that was subject to editing - and it these cuts are present on both the individual season and complete boxset on Region 2.

The only way to get the un-edited is to buy the Region 1 edition.

But like I said, I could be way off.

The finales of seasons 4, 5, and 6 are edited in the boxset. With some of the stuff being edited out

There is also a sequence error in the boxset that means an episode with something big is shown before the episode that sets up the event.

I bought the region 2 boxset and was a bit disapointed with what I got as I am a big fan of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kess73 wrote: »
    The finales of seasons 4, 5, and 6 are edited in the boxset. With some of the stuff being edited out

There is also a sequence error in the boxset that means an episode with something big is shown before the episode that sets up the event.

I bought the region 2 boxset and was a bit disapointed with what I got as I am a big fan of the show.
    Yikes.. have you any source for this?

Can't find anything online about this.. I can only find mention of the missing 20 minutes of the season 5 finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ah that sucks Kes, but thanks for the heads up

one of the main reasons you'd go for a dvd boxset (imo) would be to have complete unedited episodes :(
    shame too having to get the individual seasons, as they'd be good bit pricier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Hey, sorry for the bump, but does anyone have any advice on this. Getting the boxset is €53 through Amazon but getting individual seasons could cost twice that? Is there alot of material missing from the full boxset?

Advertisement