Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone gone really slow...

• 22-04-2010 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

For the last 48 hours or so, my Vodafone (formerly BT) broadband has taken a serious drop in speed. Im on the palmerstown exchange, which for me gets maxed out a 6 meg (Im on the up to 8 meg pack). My usenet always maxes out the connection so Im pretty familiar with what speeds are normal for me/my line.

But now even web browsing is CONSIDERABLY slower, videos take an age to buffer, download speeds has dropped considerably. It seems to fluctuate to an almost normal speed sometimes, but for the most part...its like this:

790648655.png

Any ideas?

Edit: A few mins later:

790656687.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Mods / OP - probabaly best to ask (move) the folks over on the VF forum?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Qwikpix

I am a Vodafone customer migrated from BT. My BT package included free calls to the UK which I still have with Vodafone. I think as a consequence, I am still on the BT servers (open to correction here).

I have no complaints about the speed. I live close to Navan exchange. I am on the up to 24Mbs package and consistently get speeds from around 13MBs to:

792195595.png

Advertisement