Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should gays be allowed in the army?

• 22-04-2010 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm all for equality but how do we know that gay soldiers won't just drop their weapons and run at the first sign of trouble like the gay Dutch soldiers in Bosnia?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Homosexuality is allowed in the Defence Forces. As for Srebrenica, I don't recall the heterosexual soldiers present figthting on while their gay brethren surrendered. Perhaps you have a different account of what happened?

There's a distinct smell of troll here, I wouldn't have bothered answered save for your question in the thread title.

Edit - I see you've already been flagged as such in the WW1 sub-forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Hugo Drax

I'm all for equality but how do we know that gay soldiers won't just drop their weapons and run at the first sign of trouble like the gay Dutch soldiers in Bosnia?

This is an outrageous and homophobic post.

Perhaps you're forgetting that some of historys most brillian soliders have been homosexuals, eg Alexander the Great, Lawrence of Arabia, General Gordon etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

+1 on the last two posts. In answer to your post, yes. The inevitable suggestion is now of course to sling your hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

you are obviously taking the pisss. Gay soldiers are no different to straight soldiers when it comes to doing their job. Op, give us a shout when you arrive in the 21st century.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One word. Turing. He won the war for us.

Is this NUIG Fianna Fail party official comment?? That the gays lost us Bosnia?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thread locked and NUIG_FiannaFail banned for homophobic trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement