Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool 8:05 Inter-Railing around Europe Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd say it's a bit early for your predictable trollish glee, but how and ever.

bit early for throwing out accusations of trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Looked onside to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

murpho999 wrote: »
    Everyone please calm down.....it's early days yet. 165 mins to go. An early conceded goal is not a disaster!

It's been the same rubbish being bandied about all season. People give out about people like Whelan then spend their time here doign the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stekelly wrote: »
    He has ever reason to be moanign at them, Forlan was standing in he box on his own ad took his sweet ass time arseign it up before gettign his shot off. Where was the player marking him? Kyriakos ended up further away than Carra.

This constant clueless Carra bashing is Ronnie Whelan-esque.

Did he block the cross? NO
    Could he have stopped the ball from going over the line? Yes Did he? NO

Remind me how this is clueless?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ffs, he was well on. farcical defending and then a good goal disallowed. not a great start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Everyone please calm down.....it's early days yet. 165 mins to go. An early conceded goal is not a disaster!
    is that 165 mins fergie time or Rafa time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So to summarise: Carra tryign to be al over the pitch coverign everyone, but it's Carra's fault?:rolleyes:

It was a handy enough cross to defend, should have been a standard clearance.

Do you know what? You're right and I'm wrong. Overreaction on my part, and when I think about it, Carragher certainly hustled a lot harder than anyone else at the very end before it went in. Consider my original statement retracted.

So to summarise: Carra tryign to be al over the pitch coverign everyone, but it's Carra's fault?:rolleyes:

It was a handy enough cross to defend, should have been a standard clearance.

kelly, he made a woeful attempt at trying to block the ball half hearted pathetic defending.

he realises what horrific defending it was and busted a gut trying to recover

because has so much "heart" and made a comical effort of a ronnie whelan to get it out of the net instead of just clearing the ball

next...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Did he block the cross? NO
    Could he have stopped the ball from going over the line? Yes Did he? NO

Remind me how this is clueless?

So if he'd done what everyone else did and stood watching instead of breakign his hole covering he'd be ok?

Fine he did'nt get the block but basic simple defending would have seen the cross dealt with . It was Kyriakos' fault.

ntlbell wrote: »
    bit early for throwing out accusations of trolling

I thought you were perma-banned?

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »

Huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rarnes1 wrote: »

ntlbell will never go away dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've given up on TV3 and switched to 5 not because of bad commentating but because of the sound quality. Can hardly hear the stadium at all and it really sounds like the lads are using their mobiles in a jacks. Same the other night with Barcelona & Inter match.

Convinced TV3 don't send people to the grounds.....terrible stuff.

Poor touch from N'Gog. Gerrard ticking well so far. We've had much the better of things since the goal. Need to keep this level up...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So if he'd done what everyone else did and stood watching instead of breakign his hole covering he'd be ok?

Fine he did'nt get the block but basic simple defending would have seen the cross dealt with . It was Kyriakos' fault.

I'm not saying it was his fault. Kyriakos did not have his man covered, but Carragher could have cut out the cross and could have cleared the ball, he did neither. Thats what happened . It was not through lack of effort but he still did neither.
    Time to move on:)

Des wrote: »
    ntlbell will never go away dude

Well he will during periods where Utd aren't doing particularly well and Liverpool are, as evidenced by last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

athleti look quiet shaky at the back so far. only a few poor touches from 1 of our lads saving them. we'll defo score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

grow up to **** lads and talk about the match.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Huh

Nevermind. Only ever see your posts in Pool match threads :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Atletico seem to be playing with a full press, Pool aren't getting any time on the ball.

In contrast Pool are allowing the Atletico players far too much time on the ball.

Well he will during periods where Utd aren't doing particularly well and Liverpool are, as evidenced by last season.

Oh you know me so well.

Liverpool had a terrible season this year and i think posted in 3 liverpool match threads :rolleyes::rolleyes:

lets talk about the game please.

Poor touch from N'Gog. Gerrard ticking well so far. We've had much the better of things since the goal. Need to keep this level up...
    think roy made a good point and its been said before. our play is too slow. makes it easy for teams to get players behind ball more quickly

They look dangerous everytime they attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've given up on TV3 and switched to 5 not because of bad commentating but because of the sound quality. Can hardly hear the stadium at all and it really sounds like the lads are using their mobiles in a jacks. Same the other night with Barcelona & Inter match.

Convinced TV3 don't send people to the grounds.....terrible stuff.

TV3 definitely don't send over commentators. I'd say the commentate in front of the tv in Tallaght or wherever it is they're based.

Did any of the Sky commentators get to the games this week, what with the volcano? I'd doubt it.

Graham Taylor said he drove there - 15 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Does it disturb anyone else that the Athletico manager looks a bit like House when he is shouting on the touchline

monkey9 wrote: »
    TV3 definitely don't send over commentators. I'd say the commentate in front of the tv in Tallaght or wherever it is they're based.

Did any of the Sky commentators get to the games this week, what with the volcano? I'd doubt it.
    thanks for spoling the effect for me ;)

That was great transition from one side to another, and if Johnson had had a better first touch he was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

'Pool getting more on the ball now and applying pressure.

This is better....Madrid defence looks dodgy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Anyone else sick of this 4-5-1 formation?

• Advertisement

There are going to be more goals at both ends in this game imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Atletico defenders are shocking at heading the ball. Everything in the air is being won by Liverpool against them. Could get some joy at set-pieces, if they get one.

Tis proving effective in this game thus far. Since the goal we have had much more of the play, and have created the chances (including a perfectly good goal :().

AM's defence is farily shaky - 40 pts behind Barca in the league!- we should bang one or two in tonight and finish the job at Anfield. I thought they would have been better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Super dive by Mascherano. Why am I not surprised?

Great hustle from Masch there.

Super dive by Mascherano. Why am I not surprised?

All players from all clubs dive. The point you are trying to make is not good, sorry.

Going to bang my big aqua drum here again. patently obviously what a difference he makes to team.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

monkey9 wrote: »

They definitely do.

It works very well when Torres is fit.

When he's not fit it doesn't.

• Advertisement

Tis proving effective in this game thus far. Since the goal we have had much more of the play, and have created the chances (including a perfectly good goal :().

I disagree. NGog IMO looks lost and isolated.

I'm sick to **** of the formation TBH. Any game Liverpool play, no matter whos fit its 4-5-1.

Going to bang my big aqua drum here again. patently obviously what a difference he makes to team.

I would have thought he could excel tonight. A few crisp short passes will easily unlock that defence. We are playing too slowly, he would certainly speed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This game needs Babel believe it or not. Yossis goal was grand Sotos defending was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I disagree. NGog IMO looks lost and isolated.

I'm sick to **** of the formation TBH. Any game Liverpool play, no matter whos fit its 4-5-1.
    Why are you lying?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Why are you lying?
    Ngog has seen little of the ball. so he is right bout that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Disgraceful performance. Noone looks arsed. Gerrard constantly giving the ball away.

N'Gog really isnt good enough to play as a lone striker. Hes not strong or fast enough and doesnt hold up the ball often enough. When Torres is not fit we should play 4-4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Atletico will give up a goal in this game.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Why are you lying?

About what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The formation, 4-4-2 was used only a few games ago if I recall rightly.

The pitch is annoying me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

About what exactly?
    About how we only ever play 4-5-1. Thats not true.

Advertisement