Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool 8:05 Inter-Railing around Europe Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

K-9 wrote: »
    He does, just nobody seems to bloody notice!

2 good assists were pointed out on already, in this game alone. If one had come of, we'd all be raving about Lucas. Football is fickle like that.

It's not noticed because its just not that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's not noticed because its just not that great.

Like Gerrard this year I suppose. Fair enough.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Gerrard has picked his game up lately but tonight he was brutal again. Anytime i've seen Aqua play i've been impressed, i like lucas but Aqua is much better with the ball in important positions. I wasn't surprised he didn't get any gametime tonight, nothing surprises me with this set up anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If Aquilani can't get a game at home to West Ham when we've nothing to play for it's obvious Rafa doesn't fancy him. It was a joke, to be honest. If he was fit he absolutely 100% should have played. Instead we have Lucas playing 180 minutes and travelling across half of Europe in between.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I honestly think and I'm sure I'll get some abuse for saying this but I think Aqualani is being nursed severely a season with very limited playing time to get him back to 100%, as few risks as possible with some gametime and a full pre-season - Of course this is very hopefuly but it's what I beleive is going on.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I honestly think and I'm sure I'll get some abuse for saying this but I think Aqualani is being nursed severely a season with very limited playing time to get him back to 100%, as few risks as possible with some gametime and a full pre-season - Of course this is very hopefuly but it's what I beleive is going on.

Either way Rafa doesn't come out looking good, it's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mayordenis wrote: »

I find it very hard to believe, to be honest. He was fit to start premier league games, what, in November? nearly 6 months ago.

If his problems are mental, settling in, the pace of the game or whatever - the priority should be to get him as adjusted to the premier league as possible this season, so he can hit the ground running next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Terrible... just terrible.

We're pretty much out, they will deffo score in Anfield and there will be no response.

****!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Holsten wrote: »
    Terrible... just terrible.

We're pretty much out, they will deffo score in Anfield and there will be no response.

****!

I think you're wrong.

• Advertisement

I think we still have a good chance, but he's right about the terrible part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Atletico are insanely erratic. I know Liverpool have been unpredictable this season but Atletico take it to another level. This one is wide open.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Missed the match, but saw the result :(

Can anyone tell me the positives that we can take from this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Missed the match, but saw the result :(

No one got injured and no one got suspended, from what I saw... Apart from that...............:D;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Although he "scored" Selling Forlan was definately the right thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Boggles wrote: »
    Although he "scored" Selling Forlan was definately the right thing to do.
    He scored alright. Was a muck goal as i said earlier but cant see any reason to put scored in inverted commas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

He scored alright. Was a muck goal as i said earlier but cant see any reason to put scored in inverted commas.

They all count, Forlan is an absolute goal machine.

Ush1 wrote: »
    They all count, Forlan is an absolute goal machine.
    Not taking anything away from Forlan. But as was mentioned on 3e Commnentary, it was a damning indictment of a defence that allowed Forlan to get in second shot after miscuing with initial header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not taking anything away from Forlan. But as was mentioned on 3e Commnentary, it was a damning indictment of a defence that allowed Forlan to get in second shot after miscuing with initial header.

Ah of course, the Greek lad went to sleep. Musta been the balmy Madrid night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Always liked Roy. Terrific chap.

you would have liked Genghis Khan if he had anything to do with pool.

you would have liked Genghis Khan if he had anything to do with pool.
    Silly that. Didnt like Sounness as a manager. Dont make assumptions. Its lazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Does it disturb anyone else that the Athletico manager looks a bit like House when he is shouting on the touchline

dunno about this lad but....

speakin of dead ringers, did anybody catch the UEFA official sittin behind the desk/monitor at the halfway line last night?

he stood up a few times, and could be seen when they made subs.
    looked exactly like Benitez, with a more grown out beard.:D
    was quite funny.

I don't think many 'pool fans would have any complaints if he were to 'fix' the Benitez problem after the game, and fill in for him.:rolleyes:

was hopin someone here might have screencapped:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Silly that. Didnt like Sounness as a manager. Dont make assumptions. Its lazy

so, you dislike Souness as a person, or you liked Evans as the Liverpool manager?

so, you dislike Souness as a person, or you liked Evans as the Liverpool manager?
    Disliked Sounness as a manager, like Evans as a manager. Evans Was always only going to take us so far but we played some fantastic stuff under him. And he is dead sound as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Really happy with the result last night.

Reyes was top class once again. I don't know how Forlán missed his chance in the second half. He had all the time in the world. He is a great finisher but every now and then he gets a rush of blood to the head and makes a ballls of a chance.

Having seen the replays, I think Liverpool are unlucky not to be given the Benayoun goal. It was 50/50 and he should have got the benefit of the doubt.

I'm reasonably confident about the second leg. Flores will get them to just sit back and let Liverpool come at them. I can easily see them getting a goal there. If you saw the game between Atleti and Barca, you can see that Atleti are a really good counter attacking side when they want to be.

Advertisement