Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Planet-X Bike: Reward offered

• 22-04-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

PLanet X pro carbon bike. Black carbon frame. Full Ultegra 6700 groupset Carbon bottle cages. Orange co2 pump on frame. Time RXS pedals. Stolen from mardyke arena, Cork yesterday 21/Apr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kerryscoob

Like yourself had a Planet X stolen in Cork back in Feb. unfortunately no luck with recovery.:(

Keep an eye on the usual spots, Gumtree,Echos pink pages onTues. nights,DoneDeal and Ebay just to name a few.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dokter

Sorry to hear about your bike too.... Thanks for the tip about the echo and gumtree. I'll keep a look out. Have contacted all bike shops in Cork but nobody is optimistic....

Keep an eye on Cash Converters on McCurtain St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Hi All,
    I saw kerryscoobs add on DoneDeal. I will keep my eyes peeled.
    Is the second Plannet-X, a black carbon one also?

These are a very popular cheap carbon frame, I see lots of people are riding em.
    Do they have serial numbers???

If I recall correctly Kerryscoobs bike had a dura-ace groupset

I did see a fella riding one along the quays, a few weeks ago.
    He had all the gear, and didn't look like a scumbag.

I wish you guys good luck, finding your bikes.

I did see a fella riding one along the quays, a few weeks ago.
    He had all the gear, and didn't look like a scumbag.

Good chance that was me :)

Yep my one was black.

Unfortunately I reckon we will never see our bikes again.
    They are either gone outside of Cork for sale or are at the bottom of the lee with buckled wheels beside a shopping trolley.

• Advertisement

I've heard a rumor from 2 cyclists now that there is a gang with a van going around stealing bikes.... Pure speculation but you necer know... Something to watch out for.

PM me ASAP,have news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

kerryscoob wrote: »
    PM me ASAP,have news.

Did you find it?

Reports it was mine, sadly not, too honest:D

Got it back lastnight. Thanks to kerryskoob, the gardai in anglsea st and the guys in cash converters. (And everyone else who helped out / offered advice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Fair play - glad theres a good outcome. Now invest in some good locks, and make sure you have frame number etc recorded for future reference. If you hadnt insured it look into that too. Unfortunately theft is running very high at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

dokter wrote: »
    Got it back lastnight. Thanks to kerryskoob, the gardai in anglsea st and the guys in cash converters. (And everyone else who helped out / offered advice)

That's great news. Give us the full story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Gavin wrote: »
    That's great news. Give us the full story!
    +1 great to hear someone got their baby back. Full story if you can!!!

The scumbag tried to sell it in cash-converters. They got suspicious and called the gardai in the guise of checking its value. He got suspicious and did a runner, leaving the bike. He must have been a short fecker. The bike is perfect except the saddle is adjusted way down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

thats great news dokter , glad you got it back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

The scumbag tried to sell it in cash-converters. They got suspicious and called the gardai in the guise of checking its value. He got suspicious and did a runner, leaving the bike. He must have been a short fecker. The bike is perfect except the saddle is adjusted way down...

Well done on getting your bike back.

I wouldn't bother getting any locks for your bike in future, do not leave it anywhere outside. I'm a member of the Mardyke Arena and if I cycle there, I bring my cheaper bike.

Keep cycling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

good news on the bike. i personally never lock my road bike anywhere public. i dont care how good locks are i just wouldnt rest easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

i'm delighted for you dok! i ride a black sl-pro carbon myself and have been keeping a close eye out for both of these bikes. fingers crossed the second one shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

That's great news,:) Im delighted you recovered your bike.
    Hopefully, Kerryscoob will have some luck getting his one back also.

Will still keep my eyes peeled, for Kerryscoobs bike.

• Advertisement

The scumbag was short,when I was contacted by the Gardai I was told my bike was found and to come and collect it,the Ban Garda I was dealing with was brillant and was over the moon with locating what she thought was my (sons) bike,she asked me to sign for it before I even saw it (she was that confident) but I told her I'd hold off till I saw it.

Anyhow to make the long story short she was telling me he was short the fella who was caught handling stolen goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Lets round up a lynch mob and get every shorty in Cork :D

Who'll be Rene Russo!!!!!!!!!!;)

Advertisement