Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballer Twits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I doubt the Lucas one is real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Was just reading Phil Browns, has to be fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

If memory serves correct, the United players aren't allowed Facebook/Twitter accounts.

Jamie O Hara - MrJamieOHara
    DarrenBent - DBTheTruth (although he's closed it to focus on scoring goals in the relegation fight)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gary Neville's is real so,

Ok ok so I got a stiffy snogging with Scholesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I can guarantee you every single one of those links is a fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Oh and Robbie Savage - RobbieSavage8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Daysha wrote: »

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surely the 'Big Mick' McCarthy one is real:
    Roy, you've got a girlie handshake, no grip at all, even Moyes grips harder than you and he's a big softie! Sort it out, son.
    Just thinking about yesterday. Al Fayed wanted MY autograph! I didn't give it to him Lol. I just winked and walked off.
    Can't remember who we've got today but I'm not worried. Pompey are down and Burnley and Hull are ****. Another year in the Prem for moi..
    Lost me prize pigeon today, died in me arms at 17.00hrs. The dilemma is whether or not I cook it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Daysha wrote: »

yeah, thats coz theyre all blatantly pisstakes

jesus some people on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Helix wrote: »

Oh relax, I've seen some people on twitter thinking otherwise, just making sure you guys weren't the same :)

Anyway here's another real one, Giuseppe Rossi: http://twitter.com/GiuseppeRossi22

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Upsetting isn't it helix?

Why use twitter then?
    I've never used the thing before but if all the accounts are just jokes it's pretty stupid and not an insight into anything. Most of the ****e isn't even funny.

And didn't Darren Bent really have one anyway, that wasn't a piss take?

See above dude :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Bendtner one is pretty funny:
    Placenta arrived from Robin this afternoon via courier. Quite excited. Sagna is going to email Nigel Slater for a recipe; he met him once.
    Fabregas is crying because I kicked his arse at COD MW2. Where's my iPhone to film him and Youtube it? Punch the wall, Cesc! Punch it!
    Vermaelen is on his way over to see the state Fabregas is in over CoD MW2. Might invite Sagna too so we can cook placenta from Robin.
    Arsene says I am the greatest Danish player at Arsenal. It is true. I am.
    Of course I am the real Nicklas Bendtner; why would anyone pretend to be me? Beyond the obvious of me being handsome, tall, rich, talented.
    Placenta was nice on toast, by the way.
    Jermaine Defoe may have scored five goals in one game but he is only 5 feet 5 tall. I am over 6 feet tall.
    Adebayore er en ****ing knobhead, og jeg håber, at han fangster kønssygdomme fra hans harem.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Why use twitter then?
    I've never used the thing before but if all the accounts are just jokes it's pretty stupid and not an insight into anything. Most of the ****e isn't even funny.

some of them are quite funny

the lucas and gerrard ones are good. but like most attempts at "comedy" some fall wide of the mark... by your logic though "why bother with comedy since most of it isnt funny"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Arshavin needs one for the lols

mayordenis wrote: »
    Upsetting isn't it helix?

inside im weeping

some of them are quite funny

the lucas and gerrard ones are good. but like most attempts at "comedy" some fall wide of the mark... by your logic though "why bother with comedy since most of it isnt funny"?

Well not so much that, the op set up like it was actually going to be these players talking about their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

why do people keep saying "i dont think the lucas one is real" if you have to be told it's not real, i dont think you're quite all there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

that reina one is sh!t, there's a bit of malice in it imo. the lucas one has kept me laughing for the last few days though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Ush1 wrote: »
    Well not so much that, the op set up like it was actually going to be these players talking about their lives.

Whoosh .....that was the gag son:cool:

Whoosh .....that was the gag son:cool:

Yeah, gas. Ahem.

Anyway, keep the real ones coming. I'd say these things are a managers nightmare. A player speaking publicly what's on his mind all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

http://twitter.com/mikelarteta

This one seems real

Advertisement