Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to power hose garden?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Would anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to get a garden, 20 foot x 20 foot power hosed clean and sand brushed on it again? Its the cobblelock bricks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

No idea what it would cost as I do my own, to do it properly its a dirty job. Usually takes me a whole day to do mine, its similar size. Its takes me that long as I actually do each individual cobble. Then I re-sand the area. So you can factor in 8 hours labour, hire of washer and 2 bags of sand which would only be about €5.

Yours

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

This plus someone named in your will? :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Our deck would be slightly larger than that and it took me about 6 hrs to power hose it. So thats the rough timescale.

Depends where you are I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have just power washed a similar sized Tarmac drive & it took a day. I normally stick to gardening however my clients ask me to powerwash. Be very careful who you chose & no I am not offering !.

I started getting asked to do it because of previous disasters. I have seen sand, cement & plants blown to kingdom come. Many guys use a big petrol washer & just blast away.

It is being thorough & careful that make the process slow & more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Discodog wrote: »
    I have just power washed a similar sized Tarmac drive

It is being thorough & careful that make the process slow & more expensive.

I have been told not to power wash a tarmac drive, would being thorough & careful be okay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lasereye

warning do not power wash sand base paving, you will wash the sand out and create problem in future, Buy a product called "mogeton", it kills the moss and breaks down the dirt, all u need to put it down is a watering can, it will take 5min, no mess u will not need to resand either,,,,belive me ive done it both ways

Advertisement