Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a place to get a bike resprayed?

• 22-04-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

i have an old Raleigh 531c from the 80's and it has a bit of rust spots on the paint. where is a good place to get it resprayed? i'm in the west but don't mind travelling for it. i'm up in dublin a bit.

also is it expensive? and whats the story with the decals, can you take them off and re use them or do i need to get new ones? doubt if the painters supply them:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Doroteo

Decals have to be new.
    Don't know about resprayed places, I allways do it myself, good fun for a summer project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

I have my frame resprayed last week at Tallaght Power Coating. Ask for Jeff. As it happens, they're not in Tallaght, but on the Lower Ballymount Road.

You can see the results here.

Spraying it yourself could be fun. I could see that. However, I know myself too well to think I would have the patience to strip the bike back to bare metal, prime it, spray it and seal it.

I can't imagine you can save the decals that are on there already.

DFD*

*DecalsForDustbin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Eurocycles in the long mile road will sort out the decals for you form Raleigh UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

Advertisement