Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sexton St. traffic system causing mayhem...

Options
  • 22-04-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the huge amount of traffic jams being caused by this joke of a traffic system..

Today at 2:25

Wickham St = Car park
    Willaim St = Car Park
    Upper Gerald Griffin St = Car park

And the rest of the streets are the same the lights at the top of william st go green and then new ones up near Sexton st go red!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have only noticed major traffic disruption at school times because parents being parents care little for anybody else other than their spawn and block the roads.

Traffic on wickham street for most parts is always bad and had a knock on effect to Thomas St because people at the top of Thomas St want to be in the right lane on Wickham St and there could be 4/5 behind them that will want to be in the left but cannot move. I avoid this street anytime after 11am.

I think the traffic system work quite well outside of school hours as people seem to like driving in the left lane and I skim passed them in the right lane.

The line markings around the Sexton St / Roches St / Gerald Griffin St junction are just crazy though.

I also think that the lights and traffic islands at the Junction of Upper Willam St & Upper/Lower Gerald Griffin Street should be removed to allow both lanes on William Street to go straight ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw a driver driving up the wrong way yesterday afternoon in a silver focus - obviously no regard for driving at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

its not the system its the majority of the users, i use the bloddy thing only once a week, who passes the majority of drivers, if they used the lanes properly there would be no probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Stab*City wrote: »
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the huge amount of traffic jams being caused by this joke of a traffic system..

Today at 2:25

Wickham St = Car park
    Willaim St = Car Park
    Upper Gerald Griffin St = Car park

And the rest of the streets are the same the lights at the top of william st go green and then new ones up near Sexton st go red!!

I agree with ya. I'll tell you what's even worse though, those ****ing traffic lights on Henry Street. Try driving from the old Smyths Toys, straight in the city lane on Henry Street. The lights are completely out of sync, especially at bedford row. I've noticed a lot of the Traffic guys from the council around, observing the traffic at various lights, but nothing has been done about this road yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DarkJager wrote: »
    I agree with ya. I'll tell you what's even worse though, those ****ing traffic lights on Henry Street. Try driving from the old Smyths Toys, straight in the city lane on Henry Street. The lights are completely out of sync, especially at bedford row. I've noticed a lot of the Traffic guys from the council around, observing the traffic at various lights, but nothing has been done about this road yet.

Quango Quango Quango

• Advertisement
Advertisement