Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry Experiments

Options
  • 22-04-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anyone have any good predictions for what experiments are likely to come up this year? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Bleach or EDTA for titration I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I personally hate predicting experiments. I think it's not worth the time/effort predicting and just learn them all.

But Zam's titrations are the most popular ones that I can think of.

Obviously I'll learn them all! But still there will always be the ones which you learn more thoroughly

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

I'm thinking bleach definately and then maybe ethanal, soap, volatile liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

H2student wrote: »
    I personally hate predicting experiments. I think it's not worth the time/effort predicting and just learn them all.
    Well, it's almost like picking English poets tbh...it's always good to have like 10 experiments to focus on particularly closely...

• Advertisement

Thank god tests for anions came up last year so is less likely to come up this year.
    I hate tests for anions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

zam wrote: »
    Thank god tests for anions came up last year so is less likely to come up this year.
    I hate tests for anions.

Haha, that was actually quite a nice question though! It ended up being easier than the titration, which I hadn't anticipated at all (I did the LC last year).

I'd say it's quite likely that the bleach titration will come up this year, but apart from that it's anyone's guess. Make sure you nail the organic experiments because there aren't that many of them, they're not too hard (apart from the ethanoic acid one) and one of them's guaranteed to come up. I'd advise covering all the titrations too (because apart from a couple of small differences, they're all more or less the same), and if you really must leave out any experiments, leave out some of the random ones that aren't titrations/organic. But you're safer just revising everything obviously!

Advertisement