Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to buy Meat

Options
  • 22-04-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Out of the supermarkets in people's opinion which is the best for meat such as steak or should I go to butcher

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I go to the butcher, as I have a really good one near me. Superquinn steak is usually pretty good, and the Aldi 'specially selected' rib eyes are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Went to flemings in dundrum recently - savage spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I always go to a butcher.

There is a great one near me 'Doyles' in Wexford. Meat is always good, and it always comes with advice which is great for a novice cook like me.... and I can expand my repetoire as they have stuff like goose, pidgeon, pork belly, venison. THey always tell me how to cook it properly which is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

I believe SuperValu have the best of them all, a little bit more expensive than Tesco or Dunnes but worth it!
    Aldi Steaks,Specially select are exactly the same as Tesco Counters or Tesco finest - Same breed Angus! But they are cheaper in Tesco than Aldi if you work out price per kg (Sad I know!)
    Butchers are a great bet too when looking for directions - tend to find in the likes of Dunnes and Tesco, when shopping in the evenings there is never a butcher in site, usually a young person with no experience! Just my feelings anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

I agree about super valu,the one in gorey get their meat from sleddagh farm, I would always go too a butcher myself though,Christy Byrnes in Camolin Co.Wexford is great,Usually gives extrs too regulars too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement