Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice re: a second interview, esp business people or MDs etc

Options
  • 22-04-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I had an interview earlier this week and I really want the job, it is basically an office manager and I have been shortlisted to the 2nd interview, it is just two of us (so I have a two in one chance) and the other person has more recent experience whilst mine is older so I suspect the CEO is drawn to me on a personal level but worries about how long it is since I last worked. Basically my issue is this, I went back to college got a B.A and M.A, prior to that I did admin for many years so I haven't worked in an office since 2006, I have updated my PC skills since I've been job seeking but the CEO who interviewed me wants to know what office procedures I would set up (it is a new start up). Now I have some ideas already such as filing systems, IT systems, setting up a customer database etc but what I wanted to ask of those who run their own business and whose offices run smoothly, what exactly is the secret of your success or those P.As / Office managers who run a smooth office, could you share your tips or secrets with me on setting up systems. If anyone can advise me I would be deeply grateful. I have a week to prepare or if anyone knows of any websites that offer advice on this, again I would be grateful. I know I can do this job it is just I have to reassure the interviewer by telling them how I am going to set up the office in as clear a manner as possible.

Advertisement