Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40% cap for exam repeats

Options
  • 22-04-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, just wondering, does the 40% cap on final exam repeats still exist in DIT?

I have heard some say it doesnt, and some say it does so not sure :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

It depends on the programme, its not there as a blanket rule but is being applied to some programmes so you'd have to check with your course co-ordinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

It would make sense if it existed, otherwise people would deliberately fail in order to have more time to study, or so I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Read my post on your other thread. You can repeat a module worth up to 10 credits and still get 100% if thats what you get in the repeat. They changed the rule not too long ago. It prevents you working your ass off for 4 years and having one bad day through it down the drain, now you get a second chance. If you fail that repeat you can repeat again for 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I dunno, one bad day on one exam isn't going to prevent you from getting a degree, and if something seriously wrong actually happens then there are mechanisms in place for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

You need to read the general assesment guidelines. I still think the rule applies, but you could get away with the cap provided you hand in medical certs and whatnot.
    I am pretty sure it still applies, but knowing DIT, the rules are changed as often as you change your socks. Your best bet is to ask the course mentor for your year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement