Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Kit Designs 2010 (Closed)

• 22-04-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭

Designs as promised. Sorry for the wait.

boards_kit_2010_v1.jpg

Boards_Gilet.jpg

boards_cap.jpg

ORDER INFO: To place an order send a PM to CramCycle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Clarification question:

Will the full zip jerseys cut the 'boards.ie' in the chest band or will the chest band from the gilet be used instead?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Clarification question:

Will the full zip jerseys cut the 'boards.ie' in the chest band or will the chest band from the gilet be used instead?

It will cut the boards.ie in the chest band, design is the same across zip size on the jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭weaselman

Quality, greaty job Daragh. Now I want a gilet as well...where does it end.

CramCycle, good work on the organisation...its not a pretty job but someone's gotta do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Excellent design.

Is the gear collect only or is there a postage charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Nice design - I'm already thinking of including a lot more on my order than was previously my intention.

Re the jersey - the "cramcycle" on the rear - is that where the customised option would be expressed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

OK - I'm feeling very stupid. If anybody else can help or point to a descriptive post? I've looked around and can't see it explained anywhere so I'll have to accept that it's a Friday morning thing for me. I got the spreadsheet but I don't understand it. E.g. S/S jersey 1/4 zip. What does the S/S indicate and under that what does the 36/38 indicate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

On the personalisation there was one error which I've fixed. I meant to put the name on the front as well. Not sure if you will have to pay extra to have your name on the front and the back. CramCycle can clarify I'm sure.

I propose that names will appear white text out of a black box. Easier for me to manage the various bits of artwork that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

OK - I'm feeling very stupid. If anybody else can help or point to a descriptive post? I've looked around and can't see it explained anywhere so I'll have to accept that it's a Friday morning thing for me. I got the spreadsheet but I don't understand it. E.g. S/S jersey 1/4 zip. What does the S/S indicate and under that what does the 36/38 indicate?

The S/S is short for Short Sleeve. And the 36/38 is the cost in euro, the 36 being how much it'd cost through a Bank Transfer payment, the 38 being how much it'd cost through a Paypal payment.

Hope this helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

It does - very much so. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

Is there a spreadsheet on this post? Am I the only way who can't see this?

Where do I place orders .. :)

• Advertisement

CramCycle emailed an excel document (the order form) and a word document (with instructions). If you haven't got one I'd say PM him to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I know we still have lots of time before july but I remember last time, the place is closed that month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are many folk interested in a cap? I am, but only if they fix the crappy design of the last one. It was far too floppy, and small.

Raam wrote: »
    Are many folk interested in a cap? I am, but only if they fix the crappy design of the last one. It was far too floppy, and small.

Me!!
    and I will get a pair of ladies shorts even if i am the only one ordering it, and a gilet and a jersey ... oh dear ... that should get moved to ' should have left the CC at home thread )

Me!!
    and I will get a pair of ladies shorts even if i am the only one ordering it, and a gilet and a jersey ... oh dear ... that should get moved to ' should have left the CC at home thread )

I think it just counts as shorts so there is no extra charge as the design is the same across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

excuse my ignorance but what is the 4 10 thing about?:rolleyes:

it is the end of the web address when you go to the cycling forum, I think almost everyone has wondered (except for those who thought of it first)

garminguy wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance but what is the 4 10 thing about?:rolleyes:

a/ Amount of watts Generated by LUmen on his final sprint during his 3rd place win in Stamulen
    b/ The code Number which the cycling forum url is placed under
    c/ The amount of calories per slice of cake eaten during a boards spin

It is also the time for the train to yuma when the clocks go forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Aw, the "Cake or Death" got cut :(

Sorry to pester you with questions, but does the LS jersey have skintight sleeves or floppy sleeves like the original?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Damn this fabulous kit design... I'm gonna have to buy a bloody gillet now too!

I agree with a previous poster that this thread should be moved to the "i should have left the CC at home" thread.

On a separate note, is the order for the old kit still going ahead along with the new stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

Looks great, now the only question is should I or shouldn't I add a pair of shorts to the order...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Looks great, now the only question is should I or shouldn't I add a pair of shorts to the order...

I'm so in the same boat.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

lescol wrote: »
    Excellent design.

Is the gear collect only or is there a postage charge?

Postage is under a euro an item. Haven't sorted the fine print yet, will do once sorted.
    I know we still have lots of time before july but I remember last time, the place is closed that month.

They warned me they close but so long as the order is in soon, we'll be grand.
    daragh_ wrote: »
    On the personalisation there was one error which I've fixed. I meant to put the name on the front as well. Not sure if you will have to pay extra to have your name on the front and the back. CramCycle can clarify I'm sure.

I propose that names will appear white text out of a black box. Easier for me to manage the various bits of artwork that way.

Names etc are a fiver per name ie back = 5e, front +back = 10e

PM me, with your e-mail.
    leftism wrote: »
    On a separate note, is the order for the old kit still going ahead along with the new stuff?

It's included with this one

You already know the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Are there any details on sizing, specifically the chest measurement for each one?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Are there any details on sizing, specifically the chest measurement for each one?

http://www.carvalhocustom.com/downloads/carvalhocustom_sizing.pdf

and at

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65532601&postcount=331

Hope this is just a simple yes/no but I presume the user-name is optional, yea? And that I don't have to get it. Because as you can see my user-name's not exactly too imaginative.

And measured a jersey I have at home yesterday evening and it's bang-on the S in Carvalho sizing so that order form I emailed back is still fine. No changes needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Folks, as per this part of our Guidelines, all this will have to be OK'd by us here in the office as it's part of our job to make sure the Boards.ie brand is looked after. Can whoever is taking charge of this project send me a PM or an email please so we can have a quick chat about it.

Dav

Actually yeah, shouldnt they be paying us to wear em? :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dav wrote: »
    Folks, as per this part of our Guidelines, all this will have to be OK'd by us here in the office as it's part of our job to make sure the Boards.ie brand is looked after. Can whoever is taking charge of this project send me a PM or an email please so we can have a quick chat about it.

Dav

Goddammit! - so nearly got away with it :D:D:D

(I think someone did check with one of the earlier orders, and there wasn't a problem, so hopefully everything will be OK this time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Beasty wrote: »
    Goddammit! - so nearly got away with it :D:D:D

(I think someone did check with one of the earlier orders, and there wasn't a problem, so hopefully everything will be OK this time)

I took care of the original order, and there was no problem at all with it, though I guess the initial discussion about it included me getting the high-res images of the logos, so I should have said to ping the mods first...

Jumpy wrote: »
    Actually yeah, shouldnt they be paying us to wear em? :D

I think Boards might not want to be associated with wimps.

Dav: I can update the wimp list if you want, that should help eliminate those who wouldn't give boards a good name :P

I have PM'd Dav. Hopefully everything will be OK, maybe there will be a race or endurance trial of some sort? In line with caroline_ie's idea of rooting out those who would do the brand wrong.

In any case I will still be sending out spreadsheets/receiving them but I will be putting the closing date on hold until I hear back from Dav, just in case, there are any adjustments that have to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

hehehe, nothing wimpy about it at all :)

There's no problems with the kit or anything, we want nothing more than to see people spinning around the country with this jersey on them, I just want to iron out some of the details and see if we can help out in some way.

[edit]
    You posted just as I was typing :) Will get to that PM now, thanks for the swift response!

Dav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hey

don't want to throw a spanner in your works but here goes

ordered some gear from fernando carvalho a few years ago - less than happy with the quality and fit - the fit of the jerseys in particular was brutal

changed supplier to Endura in Scotland http://www.endura.co.uk/, the gear is far superior quality, fit is great and they work out slightly cheaper. and they deliver on time...

just food for thought :)

• Advertisement

boomdocker wrote: »
    hey

don't want to throw a spanner in your works but here goes

ordered some gear from fernando carvalho a few years ago - less than happy with the quality and fit - the fit of the jerseys in particular was brutal

changed supplier to Endura in Scotland http://www.endura.co.uk/, the gear is far superior quality, fit is great and they work out slightly cheaper. and they deliver on time...

just food for thought :)

Sorry Boomdocker but there was a vote, and its to much hassle to start that again. Reports are, from a few on boards, that they have improved.

Everyone has good and bad points for suppliers, I put up 6 and these guys were the winners. I even posted up alternatives during the poll but no one was available to try out. Thanks though, sorry it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Just wondering how the fit of the boards gear would relate to standard retail carvalho stuff?
    Super impressed with all the gear. Looks great.

When your PMing me:

Include your e-mail address

I can't stress that enough, no e-mail, no order,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Dav wrote: »
    hehehe, nothing wimpy about it at all :)

There's no problems with the kit or anything, we want nothing more than to see people spinning around the country with this jersey on them, I just want to iron out some of the details and see if we can help out in some way.

Help out in some way, like pay for kit for the original designers and the guy who's doing all the leg work on this order... that's a great idea, and mighty nice of Boards :p

...if only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

For the sake of brand consistency, they may need you to use the official 'boards.ie' logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Dilemma, do I spend 50ish euros on the Boards Shorts or put it towards a new bike computer since my last one got smashed... hummm, considering the polar CS200.... hummm hummmmm hummmmm hummmmm

(what I need is the bike computer, what I want are the shorts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Get the shorts and count revs in your head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bluefoam wrote: »
    For the sake of brand consistency, they may need you to use the official 'boards.ie' logo.

Oh look, there's a wasps nest. Lets poke it with a stick!

Hope this is just a simple yes/no but I presume the user-name is optional, yea? And that I don't have to get it. Because as you can see my user-name's not exactly too imaginative.

You can get username or not, your call.

I should have said this before but if you want personalisations etc, mention it in the notes or just mail me if you have already e-mailed in and i'll sort it out
    Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Just wondering how the fit of the boards gear would relate to standard retail carvalho stuff?

Sizes are posted here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65544473&postcount=27

It would be illogical for their sizing to be different for custom stuff compared to retail gear as that would cause confusion but the above gives specifics.
    Bluefoam wrote: »

They might, we're discussing it now. If any changes are made they'll be posted and mailed round. If anyone has a problem with this well, leave it till tomorrow (please, my head is already doing a number on me today).
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    Dilemma, do I spend 50ish euros on the Boards Shorts or put it towards a new bike computer since my last one got smashed... hummm, considering the polar CS200.... hummm hummmmm hummmmm hummmmm

(what I need is the bike computer, what I want are the shorts)

What do you need a computer for, if there's nothing keeping tabs on you, there is no reason to stop cycling (in your brand new shorts).

WHO LIKES SHORT SIZE AS PER SIZING CHART ON WEBSITE SHORTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I know why the admins noticed, the OP is Post of the Day :) All boardsies will be on the lookout for jerseys now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

CramCycle wrote: »
    Names etc are a fiver per name ie back = 5e, front +back = 10e

PM me, with your e-mail.

Is there an option for the name on the sleeve? Or am I being a pain in the arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Would it be possible to get a sticker/ decal in the style of the agreed jersey?

I'd like some for my bikes. It's unlikely I'll ever been in a jersey (too lean and muscly).

DFD*

*DefinedForeDelts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Is there an option for the name on the sleeve? Or am I being a pain in the arse?

Don't really want to change the design to allow for sleeve names at this stage :) lazy gimp that I am.

Would it be possible to get a sticker/ decal in the style of the agreed jersey?

Decals are a great idea. If you can find a supplier I'll be happy to try and design something for you.

All provisional on Boards being cool with current design of course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I think it's a brilliant design and colour scheme and have just ordered the lot.
    If it's here before September I'm going to race in the kit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement