Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chances of getting full licence?

• 22-04-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice from you experienced biker folk here. :D

I passed my theory test recently & just got my learner permit. I have no bike & don't plan on getting one as I'm heading to Vancouver in the middle of August. I have this half baked idea in the back of my head that if I do a couple of lessons & apply for my test, I could get my full licence before I head off.

I've been driving for 7 years now. I've had my B licence for 5 years now & I had a moped for 2 years before that. However, I do realise that I have much to learn to get to a pass level but is it a realistic target?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

The bad news is that you have to have your learners permit for 6 months before you can do your test for your full licence.

Other than that, it is possible - have a read of this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055621983

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

P.C. wrote: »
    The bad news is that you have to have your learners permit for 6 months before you can do your test for your full licence.
    Crap, really! Hadnt heard that one.

Ah well, it'll just have to wait until I come back then. Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

despite what some people might say, the bike test is fairly easy.

i know people that never drove a bike, pass their test with only having 2 or 3 lessons (me included)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Thats good to here cause I have mine next week and im not looking forward to :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

dceire wrote: »
    Crap, really! Hadnt heard that one.

Ah well, it'll just have to wait until I come back then. Cheers for the info.

deadly signature dude - all winners except the fai and the leafs lol!

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    deadly signature dude - all winners except the fai and the leafs lol!

Thanks man. Got to stick by them all though, through thick & thin. Its mostly thin when it comes to those two though :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Can only condone #46, the rest are all for the gheys :pac:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Can only condone #46, the rest are all for the gheys :pac:

Got nothing against the gheys me, my own fathers were actually ghey! :P

I wonder would the Doctor be around to sit my driving test for me? N'Zogbia had the right idea here. :D

Funniest story I've heard in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Right lads,
    my licence expired in 1978.

I had classes ABC andD. Now I want to ride motorbikes, 500cc plus. How do I go about getting this licence renewed, for what was class A,Motorcycles.
    Do I have to go through the rigmarole of small bike first.

Any info?
    Regards Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

rugbyman wrote: »
    Right lads,
    my licence expired in 1978.

I had classes ABC andD. Now I want to ride motorbikes, 500cc plus. How do I go about getting this licence renewed, for what was class A,Motorcycles.
    Do I have to go through the rigmarole of small bike first.

Any info?
    Regards Rugbyman

You have to start from the beginning. Theory test, provisional, full license test, full license and a restriction of 33bhp to two years after your licence is issued. Engine cc is only limited by insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement