Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 22/23/24 April 2010

• 22-04-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Thursday, 22 Apr 2010
    U.C.D. 19:45 Sporting Fingal

Friday, 23 Apr 2010
    St. Patrick's Athletic 19:35 Sligo Rovers
    Dundalk 19:45 Bohemian FC
    Galway United 19:45 Drogheda United
    Shamrock Rovers 20:00 Bray Wanderers

First Division
    Friday, 23 Apr 2010
    Derry City 19:45 Shelbourne
    Cork City 19:45 Monaghan United
    Limerick 19:45 Wexford Youths
    Waterford United 19:45 Finn Harps

Saturday, 24 Apr 2010
    Mervue United 19:00 Salthill Devon
    Athlone Town 19:30 Longford Town

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Though a draw for Bohs wouldn't be the end of the world, we've 2 points from our last 12, a win would be a great confidence booster.

We looked decent against Linfield which is encouraging

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pure_Cork wrote: »

Derry City 19:45 Shelbourne

Look forward to our first game against Derry City FC Est.2010, haven't been to the Brandywell since our famous throwing away of the League Cup. Good away support expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Must win game for pats can see us losing after thumping them in SSC tho :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Must win game for pats can see us losing after thumping them in SSC tho :confused:
    Sligo are a tricky side, a draw wouldn't be a bad result tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Historic game this weekend.

The league's first ever Galway derby.....

Edit=UCDD-Franchise finished 0-0. Any reason this was on tonight? Doubt much of a crowd at it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

345 attendance according to Extratime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsman wrote: »
    345 attendance according to Extratime.

White-hot atmo apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Historic game this weekend.

The league's first ever Galway derby.....

Edit=UCDD-Franchise finished 0-0. Any reason this was on tonight? Doubt much of a crowd at it...

It was moved because UCD have some dance on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

stovelid wrote: »
    White-hot atmo apparently.

My highlight of the night was the noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My highlight of the night was the noodles.

was it cold out there fps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Zebra3 wrote: »

Did anyone know it was on tonight? I certainly didn't..

dfx- wrote: »
    Did anyone know it was on tonight? I certainly didn't..
    I did, but only cos of the predictor league :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Though a draw for Bohs wouldn't be the end of the world, we've 2 points from our last 12, a win would be a great confidence booster.

We looked decent against Linfield which is encouraging

When was the last time Bohs would be happy with a draw at Oriel? Noticed a few people saying the same on your forum.
    We're playing decent but I still feel Bohs will have too much for us. Bohs have players on the bench that would be playing every week for us. I'd be absolutely delighted with a draw as would most Dundalk fans

Rovers
    Galway
    Dundalk

Bohs get their three in a row in the league already :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super Saints top of the league after the first round of full matches played and in the Setanta Cup final. I'm just treasuring these days while they're here.

Jeff Kenna, you are but a distant, yet horrendous memory!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Some amount of red cards this evening wasn't there? This league is as crazy as its ever been. The table makes for some very strange reading indeed.

Another red card for another bad tackle on Stephen Rice..that must be 4 or 5 now in a few seasons along with those unpunished.

Most drama at Tallaght was when Twigg roared in pain after a jump and held the back of his leg. The intake of breath could be heard on the International Space Station..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

G'wan the Twigg! :D

Just 3 points off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Derry had a screen score board up for there game tonight. Looked good and was able to show replays of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Derry had a screen score board up for there game tonight. Looked good and was able to show replays of the game

About the brightest thing about the match. Remembered why I hate Derry, that poxy track around the pitch and the scum who love their glass bottles up in the cememtry. Long oul trip.

• Advertisement

We're playing so **** it's almost funny...

We're playing so **** it's almost funny...

Almost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

The first * of the season!
    Wexford Youths forfeit Salthill Devon match
    Friday, 23 April 2010 16:42

The Independent Disciplinary Committee has ruled that Wexford Youths breached the FAI Rule Book by fielding an ineligible player in their recent Airtricity League First Division match against Salthill Devon (04/04/10).

As a result of the breach, Wexford Youths will forfeit the match and Salthill Devon will be awarded a 3-0 victory.

Wexford Youths have the right to appeal this decision.

http://www.airtricityleague.com/index.php/about/press-office/1994-wexford-youths-forfeit-salthill-devon-match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

As a Dundalk fan , I still cant get over at the start that we have made in the league , we actually fear no one.

Sarge wrote: »
    As a Dundalk fan , I still cant get over at the start that we have made in the league , we actually fear no one.

We both nearly safe :p

We are very hard to beat, after 5 or 6 years of pretty football and losing matches i honestly dont care how we play now as long we have that level of effort.

19:45 Dundalk ? - ? Bray Wanderers

19:45 Galway ? - ? St. Patricks

19:45 Sporting Fingal ? - ? Bohemians

19:45 UC Dublin ? - ? Drogheda United

20:00 Shamrock Rovers ? - ? Sligo Rovers

full fixture list tonight, galway away on a monday ffs :(

5 draws

An offside handball from Turner in the last minute and O'Neill to continue his jealous prejudice against Sligo would be a good night..:cool:

A win would be a bonus, but it'll be tough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dundalk should win handily, although everytime I tip them to win they don't! We should be able to beat Sligo. Especially with Twiggy and Baker back :D

I hope Bohs keep thier run going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

On my way down to the Maldron for a few in a while :)

KOH

Shamrock Rovers to sneak it 2-1 :)

• Advertisement

Please for the love of **** let us win :o

Pats and Dundalk 1 up

2-0 Bohs!

Dundalk 2-2 Bray

Galway 0-2 Pats

Fingal 0-2 Bohs

UCD 2-0 Drogs

Rovers 1-1 Sligo

Dundalk 2-3 Bray :eek:

Galway 0-2 Pats :D

Fingal 0-2 Bohs

UCD 2-0 Drogs

Rovers 1-1 Sligo 5 mins left.

reckon 1 more win and we safe :cool:

Great results all round for us apart from pats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What a night of results!!! :) Clear at the top again!

235-01.gif

I know the top is right dunno about the rest :confused:

Matches up with Extartime's table anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Congrats to bray for their first win and a very good win it was. Didnt expect that and it stops Dundalk getting further ahead of us. Cheers Robbie.

Terrific chest down and shot by Twigg and Rovers should've been two or three up by the time Amond took his goal well. Turner played very well...when he went off, Rovers looked toothless with Twigg isolated.

Second half when he went off, 1-1 was the best Rovers could get. I don't think we had a shot on target and Baker was fairly poor when he was on.

Danny Murphy was by far and away the MOTM. Looks like a great signing..

• Advertisement

The play got a bit "airborne" when Turner went off, so happy with the draw, given the possession surrounded in the second half and Slgio moved the ball very well.

Worrying signs of home games being less of a sanctuary then they should - again.

Nice to see Podge's low-key reaction to his goal and getting applause when he left the pitch. Boy's a hoop, always will be.

stovelid wrote: »
    Boy's a hoop, always will be.

Everyone's a Hoop :)

Just to differing degrees....

I thought Sligo's Dick Brush (?) looked dodgy from corners...flapping at a lot.

Roll on friday :cool:

Congrats to bray for their first win and a very good win it was. Didnt expect that and it stops Dundalk getting further ahead of us. Cheers Robbie.

I would like to think that my motivational comments in Tallaght re: his athletic girth and the speed with which he covered the pitch spurred him on to score the winner. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Disappointing result and performance at Terryland last night. The team were probably a bit sluggish having had games on Monday and Friday for the last few weeks, and with the thin squad Connor has at his disposal.

Pat's were excellent, though. Lack of intensity from Galway in the opening period (which never went away really) plus some brutal defending lead to a simple goal for Byrne. Their second allowed them to sit on their lead and just let the game fizzle out. They controlled it from there on in. It was a sweet strike from the other Byrne.

Galway's lack of chances said as much about the hectic schedule as it did about Pat's defence. The lads and I all agreed that many won't beat them. Technically they're excellent (tried to play it on the ground), they have some skilful players too (left midfielder, Coughlan I think, was impressive) but they're a really robust and physically strong side. Sheppard and Flood were well shackled last night, indeed I can't remember one good opportunity for the home side.

Injuries to O'Donnell (looked a hamstring pull) and Sheppard (back) and the farcical sending-off of Barry Ryan (apparently for kicking the ball at the ref; if anyone ought to have been sent off though it was the centre-back McKenzie for a professional foul). No recognised back-up 'keeper (Mernell :D ) and the absence of O'Donnell will be felt. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Injuries to O'Donnell (looked a hamstring pull) and Sheppard (back) and the farcical sending-off of Barry Ryan (apparently for kicking the ball at the ref; if anyone ought to have been sent off though it was the centre-back McKenzie for a professional foul). No recognised back-up 'keeper (Mernell :D ) and the absence of O'Donnell will be felt. Bah!

Ah, for **** sake, was that what it was for? Sure it flew over the heads of everyone on the pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Ah, for **** sake, was that what it was for? Sure it flew over the heads of everyone on the pitch!

Apparently. From the RTE website: "There was controversy in the 74th minute when Galway goalkeeper Ryan was sent off for kicking the ball in the direction of the referee after Rhys Meynell had fouled Cash."

Thought it was McKenzie myself who made the initial foul.

Still, ridiculous decision. Must've watched highlights of the England's WC camapgin in '86. Ray Wilkins etc.!

Advertisement