Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amp tech in galway?

• 22-04-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Does anybody know a decent amp tech in or near Galway? I have an Atomic 112-50 and I think the valves need changing as I've been gigging it a fair bit for the past three years or so and the sound has started to become a bit dodgy lately. I have a spare pair of 6L6s from the same manufacturer as the original set (JJ), but if the amp needs biasing as well, that's definitely too much for me to do myself (although, according to the manual, biasing shouldn't be necessary if I use the same brand of valves). Obviously, I'm reluctant to entrust it to any cowboys and I'm gigging every week so I don't want to have to send it away somewhere if I can avoid it. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Modern Music in The Cornstore might be able to help. Give them a shout on (091) 563113

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Out of interest. Can those Atomic amps be purchased in Ireland ?
    I've heard good things about them.
    Did you get in Ireland new or S/hand or purchase on the net ,etc ?

thx

-ifc

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

I bought it online from their European distributors in Germany (www.G66.eu). I don't know if there is a dealer in Ireland. I've been very happy with it, running my Pod Pro into it for gigs. I managed to change the valves ok anyway, and it sounds a lot better for it. I think I'll leave the dark art of biasing till I can be bothered to buy a multimeter and do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

They are relatively expensive, I notice.
    I see that your model is discontinued ? and the cost of the replacement model is €849 inc vat.
    Is that around the ballpark (if you don't mind me asking) you paid for the 112-50 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

No, it was about €650.

• Advertisement
Advertisement