Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hero Screen unresponsive

• 22-04-2010 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭

Presume this is the best place to put this so here goes...over the last couple of days the screen on my Hero has begun to get very unresponsive. For example the notification bar that you drag down no longer opens when swiped (might do it 1 time in 20) and whn typing a text - well you just cant with half the keypad notn responding.

Anyone any ideas if this is a software or hardware problem?

I could bring it back to Meteor but I'm not living at home at the moment and don't have any plans for a trip back for a while really...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

EPM wrote: »
    Presume this is the best place to put this so here goes...over the last couple of days the screen on my Hero has begun to get very unresponsive. For example the notification bar that you drag down no longer opens when swiped (might do it 1 time in 20) and whn typing a text - well you just cant with half the keypad notn responding.

Anyone any ideas if this is a software or hardware problem?

I could bring it back to Meteor but I'm not living at home at the moment and don't have any plans for a trip back for a while really...

Sounds like you have too many Apps running. Try getting APK from the Market place.

Unfortunetely, Apps don't close completely when you close them, and the amount of crap that builds up over the course of a day really slows it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Did it happen after you've installed something new by any chance?

A badly designed app could be looping in the background causing serious slow down, if you have then uninstall it to see if it helps

If apps dont follow the Android lifecycle properly they can cause serious slow down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Good thinking there draf, downloaded iMobsters the other day. I'll uninstall and restart. Killing tasks isn't making a difference either

Ok, not making any difference. Have uninstalled everything that was installed in the last few weeks, restarted. Nothing. Looks like it's boll*xed:mad:

This is my 3rd hero as it is so I'm not too impressed by HTC's build quality to be honest. On the look out for something new now.

Anyone got any suggestions for an android device with a good spec that isn't HTC?

Ok, not making any difference. Have uninstalled everything that was installed in the last few weeks, restarted. Nothing. Looks like it's boll*xed:mad:

This is my 3rd hero as it is so I'm not too impressed by HTC's build quality to be honest. On the look out for something new now.

Anyone got any suggestions for an android device with a good spec that isn't HTC?

Fairly unimpressed with the Hero's build quality myself, its also shocking slow to begin with anyway.

The Nexus One is a giant leap from the Hero though, much more solid, more powerful and much much better than the Hero.

So I'd look into the Desire if I was in your position.

Or you could look into the Xperia X10, meant to be a great device but stuck back on 1.6

• Advertisement

I have read some bad reports on text input on the X10 - otherwise seems like a winner to me given the camera.

I like the desire too, it's the cheaper option and can have it delivered for under £400. Might give it a shot. Have been offered an iPhone 3gs at a very tempting price though in the meantime this morning. Not a huge fan but can't ignore it at the price...

Have been offered an iPhone 3gs at a very tempting price though in the meantime this morning. Not a huge fan but can't ignore it at the price...

Theres two of them gathering dust in the office, free to any employee that wants them but no one wants them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'll have one, if they're going begging...

I work for you, right?

draffodx wrote: »
    Theres two of them gathering dust in the office, free to any employee that wants them but no one wants them :D

:p

16GB for £250 new and warrantied is exceptional value!

But reckon I'd miss the HTC - the widgets make the thing for me

Advertisement