Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 22-04-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy Avatar on Bluray tomorrow as cheap as possible from a shop,I don't need to know if it is £.99p online just which shop has it the cheapest,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Ehm...Where are u getting 99 P from? The cheapest I'd seen on the web was like 20 euro. Add on a bit if u're looking to buy it in a store.
    Plus I dont think it's out on bluray till monday or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

its shipping from Play on Blu Ray at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Just a figure I picked at random, I am looking to buy it in store rather than online,at the lowest price possible.

Also Release in Ireland is tomorrow 23 April. Uk release is Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Big ones like this are often cheap in Tesco stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

OP can you let us know if you do go to tescos and post the price of the blu-ray here? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Davy wrote: »
    Big ones like this are often cheap in Tesco stores

Are Tesco doing Blu-ray now? I've only ever seen DVD there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I am looking to buy Avatar on Bluray tomorrow as cheap as possible from a shop,I don't need to know if it is £.99p online just which shop has it the cheapest,thanks.

Madness to buy it instore in Ireland.

HMV have it for €25, Xtravision have it for €29.99. Just two examples of how overpriced Blu ray is in bricks and mortar stores in Ireland. It is the basic edition that has been released today so nothing really by way of extras or more footage.

HMV are running a special "offer" where you can get it for €20 as long as you buy another item instore that costs €10 or more. That way they gain an extra fiver in the sale.

You can get the pack with both the Blu Ray and the dvd for €19.49 including postage online, but you have no interest in that for some reason.

I got it in Gamestop for €5 and a crappy Bluray. I knew there would be no real extras on it hence the reason I wanted to pick it up cheap.

Advertisement