Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC TV Vs Sky TV

• 22-04-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is not the right place,,,,

Anyways.. My question.

If i order a full package from UPC ( all tv stations) will i get the same as if I order all the stations from Sky ?

I know i might miss out on some HD stations but will i get all the others ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

bump...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

simple as - sky have more channels at BETTER quality. they charge more. you need a satellite on the side of your house/apartment for sky... ntl - chances are you're pre-wired.

ntl (chorus/UPC) have about 8 (it might be SLIGHTLY more) HD Channels whereas the full sky package (Sky World HD) has 37 HD channels

You want more channels, you gotta pay (like me - unfortunately)

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Also the remote on UPC has well known problems interfering with other equipment.

If i press channel up on my UPC remote it mutes my amp :confused:

UPC are well aware of it and there solution was to put a piece of black sellotape over the red light on the UPC box :confused:

Sky for the win if you dont mind spending extra. only went for UPC for the broadband. Dont really watch telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

If it was up to me I'd go with UPC for the broadband. TV can wait imo. Sky has a ton more channels but tbh, about 85+% are a pile of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You'll also miss out on some of Sky's free movie channels on UPC as well as some entertainment, sports, shopping, all cooking channels, and some documentary channels.

Best thing to do is to go to UPC's site and compare it with Sky's offerings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement