Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA recorded messages

• 22-04-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

for the last 2 weeks weve been getting this recorded message saying my sister needs to contact mbna urgently, now ive put our number on the cold caller blocked list and it is active, but this is coming through constantly

Is anyone else getting them ?

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

shinzon wrote: »
    for the last 2 weeks weve been getting this recorded message saying my sister needs to contact mbna urgently, now ive put our number on the cold caller blocked list and it is active, but this is coming through constantly

Is anyone else getting them ?

Shin
    Does she have a credit card. If so they are not a cold caller. When she signed up she gave them permission to contact her.

They obviously want to talk to her so give them a ring, sounds important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

I'm with them for years, never got anything like that:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

i recently got a cheque for 5 euro off them. Seems like they calculated interest wrong back when I had an MBNA credit card. Of course I needed the fiver more back then than I do now, but free money is free money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

its not an actual person its a recorded message, at the end of the message tells you to press a button and then it just plays the message again, im assuming its a scam of some sort but they definitely say MBNA in the message., plus how they got our number when

1) my sister is under a differnt name her marraige name and has a phone

2) she doesnt even live in the same house

Shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Why dont you ring them and find out? Ring them independantly, from a different phone and get connected through 11811. Ask about this recorded message and report it to them It sounds like a scam to me, I wouldnt be pressing that button! As for the overcharging intrest, that did happen and they did reimburse people, but I thought they just knocked the amount off your next bill:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

to late on the button pressing the mother thought it was important so she pressed it, i wasnt there to stop her

been reported now anyways

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I am with MBNA and i got recorded messages from them before in the past.
    I just paid my bill and they magically stopped.
    Also like what the others said, ring MBNA if you think it is a scam.
    I don't think it is.

and lastly, what's this got to do with waterford city?

Advertisement