Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Hl predictions

Options
  • 22-04-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Anyone have any valid predictions for the exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

dynamot wrote: »
    History's the most difficult exam to predict. The church's should come up in the EU topic, but we all know it won't. Same with the rise of Sinn Fein, 1916 etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

dynamot wrote: »

There are no valid prediction in history. Just learn all the casestudies, their effects on society and what happened directly before and after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamh2709

Sunningdale for the document.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Does anyone thinks that like advancements of education will come up for irish history 1870-1914?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

American history - Policy of Containment??

• Advertisement

niamh2709 wrote: »
    Sunningdale for the document.
    Why does everyone think Sunningdale:confused: It's a coin toss really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

theowen wrote: »
    Why does everyone think Sunningdale:confused: It's a coin toss really.
    It's the only case study with some meat in it. The other two are very trivial.

It's the only case study with some meat in it. The other two are very trivial.
    They wouldn't be on the syllabus if they're "trivial"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Rise of SF,Somthing about Italy and ya did the church recently.

Cold war seems to be popular too atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

very good chance of mussolini or russian dictators showing up this year...
    also vietnam war and racial issue for america topic...
    and cumann na gaedheal on soverignity section...
    my guess based on many other people's opinion and mock papers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

theowen wrote: »
    They wouldn't be on the syllabus if they're "trivial"?

not that they're trivial, but Sunningdale is just more significant I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xDancingQueenx

I think Sunningdale for document, anti-semitism/holocaust for europe because this year was a big anniversary, vietnam for america and they always have one to do with space and/or technology, Ireland something to do with the rise of fianna fail and/or cumann na ngael because of the economy at the moment !!

I really don't think the people who set the exam papers pay any attention to anniversaries or current affairs. Every history expert I've ever heard talking about the course has said this. They can ask whatever they want, it's not like the language exams where questions tend to be topical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Interzone

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Does anyone thinks that like advancements of education will come up for irish history 1870-1914?

If you learn Butt, Parnell, Redmond and the general rise of Unionism you are virtually guaranteed a question. Maybe the strike and lockout to be safe.

History is hard to predict but I have noticed in Dictatorship and Democracy that, so far at least, questions tend to mirror what came up the year before last to a certain extent.

Advertisement