Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Grandmother?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

My mother was adopted in 1972, she has since passed away and I know that before she died she always wanted to find her real mother, it was something that bothered her alot

Now that both my parents have passed away and my grandparents are very old and sick(after they pass away i'll have no family left) i'd like to find my grandmother, but i dont know where to start)

Btw, i dont want my grandmother to know i'm looking it would break her heart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

DigiGal wrote: »
    My mother was adopted in 1972, she has since passed away and I know that before she died she always wanted to find her real mother, it was something that bothered her alot

Now that both my parents have passed away and my grandparents are very old and sick(after they pass away i'll have no family left) i'd like to find my grandmother, but i dont know where to start)

Btw, i dont want my grandmother to know i'm looking it would break her heart

Hi Digigal,

How much do you know about your mothers adoption? Do you know the name of the agency through which she was placed? Your first stop should be a letter to the adoption board requesting details of the agency your mother was placed with - their address is listed on the adoption board's homepage. From there you may be dealing with a HSE incarnation of a former adoption society, or one of the few remaining independents

Advertisement